NCAA Tournament 2024

Just now, TheA_Bomb said:

It's really high but lil ol A10 SLU just paid $10mil.  What's in the Woodford Reserves?  

Cal is done. It's toxic now and he probably can't recover.

story i got is ford agreed to annual pmts.   i.e. slu doesnt have to come up with all the money at once.   and who knows the deal might also be if he is rehired somewhere he has to give credit to slu for the new salary.  this above is all rumors and speculation.  i have no idea what is fact.

TheA_Bomb likes this

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

rumored $34 M buyout.   that's probably too rich even for Kentucky

Texas A&M paid $75m to get rid of their football coach. Kentucky can raise that paltry $35m if they want to get rid of him. 

38 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

story i got is ford agreed to annual pmts.   i.e. slu doesnt have to come up with all the money at once.   and who knows the deal might also be if he is rehired somewhere he has to give credit to slu for the new salary.  this above is all rumors and speculation.  i have no idea what is fact.

A buy out could be structured as an annuity which could save Ford mucho tax dollars .

14 minutes ago, TaLBErt said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C41T_6yOxH7/?igsh=MTFzZmdhdjB0OWRxYQ==

The basketball team is important to the university. It’s the front porch of the school. Look what 1 win has done for Oakland.

Louisville was also a paltry 8-24 this season and Kentucky boosters that sit near the U of L bench at Rupp Arena nosh on piping hot Pizza Hut pizza during their rivalry games. 

one of those “scoreboard” scenarios for Louisville fans. I hate Kentucky just as much as I do U of L, but they ain’t had much to boast about at the Yum! center these days. 

2 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Ha OG laying the smack down on May. Love it.

I'm in town OG let's go tear up the East Side is Pop's Annex still a thing?  Sauget we're on the way

Sorry ABomb, I was hospitalized in  November and I am still recovering. Some other time, perhaps we can go and have dinner before a game.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

Ford is better off with annual payments. Right now the market cannot make its mind as to where it is headed. Better to  have a  guaranteed income for some years than get a lump sum, pay an enormous amount of taxes, and invest it in something that goes down.

13 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Ford is better off with annual payments. Right now the market cannot make its mind as to where it is headed. Better to  have a  guaranteed income for some years than get a lump sum, pay an enormous amount of taxes, and invest it in something that goes down.

How can you say the market can’t make up its mind. It’s trading at an all time high. Can it change its mind tomorrow. Of course but the trend is and has been higher. 

1 hour ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Old Eli takes down Bruce Pearl. Illini fans with long memories endorse. 

Auburn fan walks into a bar. Asks the bartender. “Who did we lose to in the 2024 NCAA Tournament?”

Bartender says, “Yale.”

Auburn fan says, “WHO DID WE LOSE TO IN THE 2024 NCAA TOURNAMENT??”

3 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

First night session games have been blah.  Let’s hope the end of the night is better!

Still on a bit of a high about the SEC being 1-6 in the tourney so far, to be honest

39 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Just for the heck of it Willie, check this out.

https://www.usdebtclock.org

Whether catastrophe is in the future is not my point. You said the direction of the market is uncertain. It’s always uncertain but currently the momentum is up and has been for the last year. As the great Marty Zweig said don’t fight the tapes 

32 minutes ago, brianstl said:

They were actually 1-5 when I made that post.  They finished the first round 3-5. Still, not good.

Considering the resources advantage they have - they suck balls. How many losses does the A-10 have now.. in a down year?

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Considering the resources advantage they have - they suck balls. How many losses do the A-10 have now.. in a down year?

I will add that Will Wade sucks. Not sure why he’s revered by some on this board. He lost to Travis Ford. And he’s a dork.

7 hours ago, willie said:

Whether catastrophe is in the future is not my point. You said the direction of the market is uncertain. It’s always uncertain but currently the momentum is up and has been for the last year. As the great Marty Zweig said don’t fight the tapes 

I assume you did not look closely at the US Debt. org site I referred you to. Too bad it is a very good reference to have at hand.

I do not fight the tapes, but I also do not buy when the market is at an all time high. My idea is that to buy low and sell high you have to buy when the market is low not when it is at an all time high. Surely you can use momentum to make money in an up market, but you have to be ready to exit at a very short notice because momentum securities tend to fall as fast as they go up and you can get trapped trying to sell to a market with no buyers.

Is fixed income secure nowadays? I doubt it. The big buyers have lost money because the price of their US bonds decreased as their yield increased. At any rate the demand for long term US bonds coming from big buyers has gone down. The Fed is not buying new long term US bonds and other securities as the ones in their balance sheet mature. Large holders of US bonds are selling large amounts of US bonds and not replacing them. Therefore the only way to sell new issues of US long term bonds is to increase their yield and lower their prices until they find buyers. This is done by the market. 

Benjamin Graham, Marty Zweig and Peter Lynch, were great investors that lived and worked in a different market than the one we have now. I have books written by all 3 of them.

8 hours ago, ACE said:

I will add that Will Wade sucks. Not sure why he’s revered by some on this board. He lost to Travis Ford. And he’s a dork.

and a confirmed cheater

19 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-OG using sarcasm, to almost quote Molly Hatchet things I thought I'd  never see

Yes, that is something I rarely do. I hope you are referring to the blue font post about our AD. 

The long post about investment in answer to Willie is totally serious and not intended as sarcasm.