Coaching Carousel 2024

1 hour ago, SLU_Lax said:

This makes me happy.  Kentucky is a hard school to root for.

Then you need to look into Baylor's past. Really dark stuff.

I hate Baylor. Baylor's previous actions make it hard to defend those that criticize things like "toxic masculinity" and privileged athletes being above the rules/law. They created a cesspool of these problems on multiple occasions once when a basketball player was murdered and when they had a football coach recruiting multiple indicted, later convicted rapists that continued their crimes on Baylor against other athletes, that the school tried to cover up. 

Plus Waco is a terrible city and their traffic driving north is annoying.

//rant over

Yeah UK fans might be in for a meltdown. This could get ugly.

Pistol and GBL_Bills like this

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldnt it be something if ford falls into this?   i find it hard to believe but if everyone is afraid of the expectations and  pressure, who knows who they might resort to being their next coach.  

5 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

wouldnt it be something if ford falls into this?   i find it hard to believe but if everyone is afraid of the expectations and  pressure, who knows who they might resort to being their next coach.  

I think it's better described as BULLSH*T. It's not just pressure and expectations it's like being named the leader of a cult.

Just hire Wade and be done with it.  

It is good to see these high profile jobs with awful fan bases having trouble finding coaches.

Just now, thetorch said:

It is good to see these high profile jobs with awful fan bases having trouble finding coaches.

would seem like the best choice.   both would seem to be desparate to fill the spot.

6 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Search Szn podcast host says his sources are saying SEC Commissioner edict is the reason no one hired Wade.  That does make sense.  

7 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

I know some UK fans and they’re very happy Calamari is gone. And they often speak highly of Travis as an all time fave UK player. But when it comes to a HC not so much. UK’s kind of in a box. Still it’s  a blue blood program. I can’t recall, but is Cronin still at UCLA? If so, a little surprised his name has not come up. UK wants to shoot for an over the moon hire. Problem is there aren’t many out there, and those that are seem content with their current life situations. Kind of refreshing to see money isn’t everything these days. 

52 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Search Szn podcast host says his sources are saying SEC Commissioner edict is the reason no one hired Wade.  That does make sense.  

Yep, supposedly Sankey has that policy and Arkansas didn’t consider him.  Kentucky should just pay the buyout and hire Oats, or go after Beard or Pearl. Pearl would be perfect to fit in with their fanbase.

7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Mark Pope to UK? Jesus, how the mighty have fallen.

They will riot in Lexington.  I think the guy can be a good coach but not sure he'll get the chance. Was there really no one else?

BYU was pretty good. At home they killed, on the road not so much.  Yeah they lost to Duq but on KenPom they were the #14 offense and #60 defense. 

UK fans will not be happy. He has never accomplished anything in the post season. Even less than a certain former UK guard turned head coach.

11 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

The NCAA President wishes he had half the power of Sankey… 😳

21 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Then you need to look into Baylor's past. Really dark stuff.

I hate Baylor. Baylor's previous actions make it hard to defend those that criticize things like "toxic masculinity" and privileged athletes being above the rules/law. They created a cesspool of these problems on multiple occasions once when a basketball player was murdered and when they had a football coach recruiting multiple indicted, later convicted rapists that continued their crimes on Baylor against other athletes, that the school tried to cover up. 

Plus Waco is a terrible city and their traffic driving north is annoying.

//rant over

Yeah UK fans might be in for a meltdown. This could get ugly.

Baylor has had some atrocious scandals.  Dave Bliss should really be in jail.  I have family who lives in Waco.   From what I have heard from them, it’s very nice and family friendly. It’s the home of the Chip & Joanna Gaines empire from HGTV.    I read terrible things all the time about my hometown St. Louis and my current home Jacksonville, but I find both to be pretty cool places to live.  

Wait , you live in Jax??

Duuval!!!

Let's Go Jags!!!

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Kentucky friend told me he woke up yesterday thinking UK would hit a home run and they ended up bunting. 

It really seems to be the way things are going with up and coming coaches. Basketball nerds are being valued over the hot shot personalities. 

23 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It really seems to be the way things are going with up and coming coaches. Basketball nerds are being valued over the hot shot personalities. 

With the portal and NIL, teams actually need someone with coaching acumen since they turn over rosters constantly.  No more out-recruiting and out-talenting everyone else as the playing field has leveled off.

7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Pretty strong endorsement from Pitino for his former captain.

I think Pope is a good coach and was really impressed with BYU this year.  This might help avoid property damage in Lexington.  Good endorsement, crazy hire, I didn't see coming.  He enters with a lot of pressure and no slack.