Transfers - 2024

ACE

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/11/2024 at 6:48 PM, TheA_Bomb said:

If USF Youngblood commits to Bama look for Texas to try to lock down Larry.  Horns247 still haven't confirmed Avila visiting they're normally all over visits.   So pull for Bama to whiff.

Youngblood to bama.

3 hours ago, billikens747 said:

Youngblood to bama.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/board/21/Contents/heres-a-look-at-the-trio-of-midmajor-standouts-that-texas-mbb-are-set-to-host-this-weekend-230374069/?page=1

Reading this article/thread Texas is continuing to mine the portal now that Youngblood is out. Pope from Oregon State is probably the top PG priority.  Larry might be the fallback option.  As for Kent, Texas has the #2  SG incoming Tre Johnson and Chendall Weaver played a lot at the end of the year so I'm not sure how much PT is there even with Max Abmas gone.

So one of our biggest positions of need PG, is also a need for Texas.

1 minute ago, Taj79 said:

If he was recruited by Harriman, he went with Harriman.  Kids sign with coaches.

At MB we all agreed he looked good given his limited time. Another Travis miss. 

I really don't think CTF trusted him ..... CTF only went so deep and Curcic wasn't one of them.  He used him only when things pressed despite the kid having good results as you have pointed out in the past.  

On 4/11/2024 at 5:12 PM, dlarry said:

I graduated high school in 98 and reached out to two schools about playing ball for them, Kentucky and Harvard. 
They both told me to piss off.

So it doesn’t always work.

This is very interesting, generally Texas and Harvard do not agree in anything.

Also from Stu: "Others expected on campus are 6-9 Wyoming transfer Cam Manyawu, 6-9 California transfer Grant Newell and guard Amari McCottry from St. Thomas More High in Milwaukee."

Manyawu was really good against us in Myrtle Beach. Looking at his box scores it looks like his play slipped a bit as the season went on, but I'll take a 6'9" kid that averaged 7 and 6 as a freshman. McCottry also looks really promising! Let's keep up the momentum!!

73Billiken likes this

22 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

Also from Stu: "Others expected on campus are 6-9 Wyoming transfer Cam Manyawu, 6-9 California transfer Grant Newell and guard Amari McCottry from St. Thomas More High in Milwaukee."

Manyawu was really good against us in Myrtle Beach. Looking at his box scores it looks like his play slipped a bit as the season went on, but I'll take a 6'9" kid that averaged 7 and 6 as a freshman. McCottry also looks really promising! Let's keep up the momentum!!

I remember being very impressed when we played against Manyawu. Very athletic and active on the boards. He had several double doubles, including against Texas. He doesn’t shoot 3s however.