Transfers - 2024

ACE

19 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Where did Cisse end up? I completely forgot about him.

Trinity Valley CC. He plays decent minutes but not a star. They are a top ten team.

TheChosenOne and SLUMS81 like this

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

Trinity Valley CC. He plays decent minutes but not a star. They are a top ten team.

In basketball or cheerleading?!?! Thanks for the info, I try to keep tabs on guys and that is one I completely missed.

I saw this guy pop up again today.  We had interest last year and he committed to Butler before deciding to return to Central Arkansas.  Can't say I watched him but not impressed by the numbers especially at that level.  

More transfers are hitting the portal now that teams are being eliminated, including CJ Jones with UIC. 6-5 sophomore guard from East St. Louis, 11.4 ppg and 4.8 apg; 37% from 3.

19 minutes ago, ACE said:

More transfers are hitting the portal now that teams are being eliminated, including CJ Jones with UIC. 6-5 sophomore guard from East St. Louis, 11.4 ppg and 4.8 apg; 37% from 3.

-that's an interesting player

-I don't recall if we recruited him out of high school

6 hours ago, ACE said:

He verballed to Cuonzo at Mizzou and then was let go after Martin was fired.  He was a HUUUUUGE recruiting reach.  Plus we have two almost exact players who are better on the current roster.

A few Missouri State players have hit the portal. Nesbitt back in the portal (what a weird kid). And a URI bench warmer already declared just a day after getting bounced by us. There will be a flood of players next week. Let the fun begin!

22 minutes ago, ACE said:

A few Missouri State players have hit the portal. Nesbitt back in the portal (what a weird kid). And a URI bench warmer already declared just a day after getting bounced by us. There will be a flood of players next week. Let the fun begin!

Nesbitt was highly overrated out of high school. Can’t imagine there will be much interest in him. His stats at Hampton were atrocious and he seems to be a massive head case. 

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

Nesbitt was highly overrated out of high school. Can’t imagine there will be much interest in him. His stats at Hampton were atrocious and he seems to be a massive head case. 

i think ford misused nesbit.   at the very least he did nothing to adjust him and take advantage of his incredible natural abilities.   but i dont miss him.   there were obviously some head issues with nesbit.   maybe it was a silent conflict with ford, but the key to a player getting better is the ability to take the lessons he is being hit with (and not all lessons are on the floor lessons) and use them to make themselves better in every way.   i dont think he did.  the fact he is running again tells us it appears he has issues imo.   

A very active official day 1 of free agency yesterday. Cohen left Frank Martin. He'll be a nice addition for some team. Also, Polite from GMason in the portal. About half of Methdale has departed which is not surprising considering the coaching change.

I expect every player on our last roster to exit.  Sure, they may come back but a man's gots ta do what a man's gots ta do.  

As of 4 pm on 3/20, 656 were listed in the Portal.  For A10 schools number of players in portal:

0 - Dusquene, Loyola, Richmond and VCU

1 - Dayton, GW, St. Bonnie, and St. Joe

2 - Fordham and SLU

3- Davidson

4 - UMass

5 - George Mason, LaSalle and Rhode Island

There will obviously be more.

Former Billiken Daniel Rivera from Bryant hitting the portal. He put up some nice numbers at a low level.  The most interesting stat... he averaged 2.2 blocks per game, which ranks him 20th in the nation, tied with... Zach Edey.  Rivera is only 6-6 and listed as a guard, so this shot-blocking skill at that size is unique.

Even if Tate hits on these guys what really can he say or offer? Nice to start a relationship but w/o the real decision maker does it mean much?! Sorry to see Harriman wasn’t kept around. Good guy who’s not been lucky with his various teams. 

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Even if Tate hits on these guys what really can he say or offer? Nice to start a relationship but w/o the real decision maker does it mean much?! Sorry to see Harriman wasn’t kept around. Good guy who’s not been lucky with his various teams. 

I'd have to assume there is some coordination going on with Schertz. i.e. Schertz relaying who he is interested in and Tate reaching out on behalf of SLU with feelers. They're probably not "acceptable" offers.