Dalger Leaving the Program

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

I’m intrigued…but someone needs to ‘show me’. Any evidence other than message board rumor?

mhg

If you know, you know. Don't mean that in a snarky way. Its more of who the people are that are saying these things. 

2 hours ago, OkieBilliken said:

Kevin Footes was a damn legend!    His time was short but I dont remember him leaving in season.  Could be wrong.  

Footes.jpeg

Grawer said Footes had more raw talent than anyone he coached (which means he was including AB).

40 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

I’m intrigued…but someone needs to ‘show me’. Any evidence other than message board rumor?

mhg

If @TheOneposted it, you can be sure that is what happened with Dalger.  Very few as close to the program as he is.  He is someone that would know this.

DeSmetBilliken and Bizziken like this

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

I'm going to be honest, I still am not sure if Dalger was metaphorically butting heads with staff or actually headbutting people. 

I feel the same way. Either way, he gone.

Won't be the last. Champions Center about to save money on electricity.

NextYearBill likes this

Not sure why either party would make up such an excuse. His playing time was up and he was going to be a problem every day going forward. He wasn’t happy. Time to move on and play the young guys. 

8 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Also a bit telling that he would contradict the narrative that SLU put out.

05 has been all over this stuff for a while. We're at a point where I trust all aspects of the government more than SLU. 

1 minute ago, DOC said:

Not sure why either party would make up such an excuse. His playing time was up and he was going to be a problem every day going forward. He wasn’t happy. Time to move on and play the young guys. 

I get why, I get why it looks bad from either the player or staff POV.  Its just annoying that it comes after so many lies. 

Just now, wgstl said:

I get why, I get why it looks bad from either the player or staff POV.  It’s just annoying that it comes after so many lies. 

On 2nd thought I hear ya. Definitely no reason to lie to everyone over it. 

5 minutes ago, wgstl said:

05 has been all over this stuff for a while. We're at a point where I trust all aspects of the government more than SLU. 

I honestly had nothing on this one. I was as blindsided as anyone, but they have a history now and it's more likely they are being less than truthful than not.

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I honestly had nothing on this one. I was as blindsided as anyone, but they have a history now and it's more likely they are being less than truthful than not.

I was talking about the cover ups with Bruce.  Way too many cover ups for one year.  

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Wait until SLU social media starts posting graphics showing SLU victorious after losses and the AD changes our record to 31-0 going into conference tourney play.

Just remember, Jerry, it's not a lie if you believe it. 

3 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Wait until SLU social media starts posting graphics showing SLU victorious after losses and the AD changes our record to 31-0 going into conference play.

Just remember, Jerry, it's not a lie if you believe it. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/outrageous-north-korea-propaganda-shows-11439296

4 minutes ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

He’s already been scrubbed from the official site.  It takes them two weeks to send out a tweet but the website is updated immediately.  Something’s fishy in tuna town.

I noticed that too. Also, unless it’s changed in the last few hours, Carteare Gordon and all 3 of the players who were suspended/expelled and didn’t return from Situation 2 still had active profiles on the SLU site. But Dalger’s profile had to be scrubbed in less than 24 hours.

With that noted, this could all just be SLU implementing a new “best practice” recommended by the new compliance director. 

54 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I can only imagine what ‘butting heads’ means. My theory:

”Hey coach, I think we should cover the 3 point shooter when we are switching.”

”Shut up Dalger!!! Just stand there and stare at the man you were guarding!  I’m the coach!!!”

A couple animated “discussions between Dalger and teammates on TV cutaways point to this being bigger than a coach-player issue. Wish him only the best though.

21 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I noticed that too. Also, unless it’s changed in the last few hours, Carteare Gordon and all 3 of the players who were suspended/expelled and didn’t return from Situation 2 still had active profiles on the SLU site. But Dalger’s profile had to be scrubbed in less than 24 hours.

With that noted, this could all just be SLU implementing a new “best practice” recommended by the new compliance director. 

more likely someone got a very strongly worded email from coach and wiped Dalger immediately lol