GDT: SLU v. Loyola Chicago

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he needs 1 more year.  Having the O'Laughlin Champions Center was the missing piece that and Parker this is a Final 4 team.

gobillsgo likes this

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

If you support ford, you don’t support slu

(someone may have already said this)

I love Hargrove. Parker is a great player. Jimerson, of course. It's just hard to get into this with this guy on the sidelines. Booooo Ford boooo

This team just consistently shows signs of poor coaching. No energy down the stretch.

This program should compete for the A10 every year and yet looks more like a lower half of the league mess annually. So disappointing. 

1 minute ago, slubilliken09 said:

This team just consistently shows signs of poor coaching. No energy down the stretch.

This program should compete for the A10 every year and yet looks more like a lower half of the league mess annually. So disappointing. 

No we are happy sucking. 

As long as Ford is there with the latest excuse, remember we beat la tech at home by 1 and Hofstra. Extend Ford 🤣

Funniest/Saddest thing of the night was the 50-something year old bald guys a few rows behind us chirping families for leaving with 50 seconds left down 10.  You’re the type that want nothing more for this program than a 4500 average attendance so there are no lines for your golf cart rides from the garage and urinals. Extend Ford!

1 minute ago, Soderball said:

No we are happy sucking. 

As long as Ford is there with the latest excuse, remember we beat la tech at home by 1 and Hofstra. Extend Ford 🤣

Right- it's just the non-president, non-AD "wes" in here complaining.

It’s tiresome watching bad BB. Not the players but Ford has no coaching skills. Why do our opponents get wide open 3’s and we don’t. The list could go on and on. Its not the players it’s the coach. 

If I had a dollar for every time Ford says “that’s on me” during a post game presser with Rammer and Earl, I’d have a lot of dollars.  Maybe that says something, but what would I know 

2 minutes ago, slu72 said:

It’s tiresome watching bad BB. Not the players but Ford has no coaching skills. Why do our opponents get wide open 3’s and we don’t. The list could go on and on. Its not the players it’s the coach. 

And it’s good three point shooters being left wide open!! Multiple times a game! How does this happen? 

When was the last time Jimerson had an open look? The dude runs his ass off all game…for what?  How can these other teams get wide open looks all game but Ford can’t draw a play up for Jimerson?

Hell he’s watching Loyal do it all night long. Just copy one of their plays.

Just now, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Or listen to Ford's post game interview.

I didn’t listen for a second but I can still summarize:

We will be a different team when Sincere comes back.

Refs didn’t help us, we can’t play 8 on 5. 

I can’t make free throws for the guys, they’d shoot it at 80% in practice. 

Any negative fans are the reason this program sucks. 

2 minutes ago, laker119 said:

If I had a dollar for every time Ford says “that’s on me” during a post game presser with Rammer and Earl, I’d have a lot of dollars.  Maybe that says something, but what would I know 

Probably 2.5 million dollars, if I had to guess 

2 minutes ago, laker119 said:

But you would be blessed, too. Count em.

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

How can these other teams get wide open looks all game but Ford can’t draw a play up for Jimerson?

I think it's this part that bothers me most. It's not just that SLU is losing. It's that our identity as a defensive juggernaut is LONG gone.

There's no more weekly coach's show right?

I know Majerus didn't want to do it but he's like a Hall of Fame coach and could big time in a way that Ford can't.  How are we paying $2.5mil/yr and that doesn't include a weekly coach show? Almost every coach in the country has one.

This guy avoids so much scrutiny.

Just #Blessed I guess

Dr Bird likes this

18 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Funniest/Saddest thing of the night was the 50-something year old bald guys a few rows behind us chirping families for leaving with 50 seconds left down 10.  You’re the type that want nothing more for this program than a 4500 average attendance so there are no lines for your golf cart rides from the garage and urinals. Extend Ford!

So true 

10 minutes ago, Pistol said:

If you want to feel better, don't look at the upcoming schedule. This was our easiest game on paper until February.

That’s the point I don’t think many people get. We don’t get an easier matchup for a long while.