SLU Baseball 2024

OkieBilliken

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

You want to go down this road? The one where we talk about how the field didn't have lights available this season? How they couldn't host the A10 championship because they didn't have the press box or lights for it? You want to talk about how, during a midweek game, one of those outdated lights above the visiting dugout shattered and showered them with glass? 

Everyone wearing a SLU uniform laid an absolute egg from top to bottom in this tournament. Pitching, hitting, fielding, decision making. But they still won a regular season championship despite facilities below 13 of the other 14 teams in conference. 

@SluSignGuyI am politely asking that we bring back bad post and/or troll posts. 

I even figured out how to change text color for that post.  You need to relax......... 

41 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I even figured out how to change text color for that post.  You need to relax......... 

It's remains a shot at those correctly critical of Chris May, regardless of you adding the blue font. It's also not fair to Hendrickson(who by the way deserves as much blame for the tournament as the players). The program is woefully underfunded and underappreciated and continuously outperforms that funding. 

37 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It's remains a shot at those correctly critical of Chris May, regardless of you adding the blue font. It's also not fair to Hendrickson(who by the way deserves as much blame for the tournament as the players). The program is woefully underfunded and underappreciated and continuously outperforms that funding. 

Blue font = exaggeration and sarcasm.  Yes, if you took my post at face value the above is correct.  

In all seriousness, I saw a tweet a few weeks ago from Hendo about his daughter graduating from SLU in May.   Wondering if that was perhaps the last thing keeping him from looking elsewhere.   I think he has another son playing JUCO somewhere nearby.   If god forbid he leaves, might as well start playing home games in Sauget again.   At least the lights will work.   

15 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

OT but baseball.  The stadium is adequate, seats 2,000 and has the bells and whistles needed.  The Sycamores WILL make the tourney though.

Don’t lose to Southern Illinois in the opening game of your conference tournament so you are out of pitching by the end.  People are pissed at the main non-SLU team I like the Univ of Florida got in, but honestly would Indiana St win 20 games playing that schedule? It’s a lot easier winning midweek games against better opposition, when you play crappy valley teams every weekend.  

DirtyRican likes this

Drury. Why in the hell would Hendrickson want to stay at SLU after the year his team just had? He can and should go do better. When Drury has a better facility than your D1 program which was/is the top D1 program in the state of Missouri, SLU deserves to lose a coach like this one. It’ll be a shame when it eventually happens. 

IMG_7099.jpeg

Probably not a great sign that ace Jackson Holmes and decent bullpen arm Owen Chaffin are in the portal.  A couple of other arms that didn’t really pitch Max Babich and Colby Downard also in.  

Pistol likes this

6 hours ago, OkieBilliken said:

Probably not a great sign that ace Jackson Holmes and decent bullpen arm Owen Chaffin are in the portal.  A couple of other arms that didn’t really pitch Max Babich and Colby Downard also in.  

Where are you seeing this, just out of curiosity?

8 hours ago, Pistol said:

Where are you seeing this, just out of curiosity?

I subscribe to the D1Baseball website.  They have a full portal tracker.   There are already 1300 players in, equivalent to about 50 entire teams.   Pure craziness.  

Pistol likes this

Two additions to the portal, neither of whom I believe have ever played   Brock Graf and Harrison Dubois.   I would have bet $50 Dubois was not ever on our roster, but I would have been wrong.   

Saw today that St. Bonnie is building a new facility. AD has promised so many things to baseball program and esp in stl can’t get it done. Not even relevant locally facility wise. St. Bonnie was worst supported team in A10 too. May can’t even install donated LED lights. Won a title again this year and nobody cares. I hear coach is about ready to cut bait and is done with all the false promises. He should be! 

1 hour ago, slu92 said:

Saw today that St. Bonnie is building a new facility. AD has promised so many things to baseball program and esp in stl can’t get it done. Not even relevant locally facility wise. St. Bonnie was worst supported team in A10 too. May can’t even install donated LED lights. Won a title again this year and nobody cares. I hear coach is about ready to cut bait and is done with all the false promises. He should be! 

Not true about St Bonaventure.

They are doing 1.5 million in renovations of the McGraw/Jennings Stadium.  New padding and netting on the field, a two tier press box and bleacher seating in a portion of the park.  Currently there is no seating, spectators watch on a grassy hill.  With the renovations their facilities will be slightly better than SLU's.

13 hours ago, thetorch said:

Not true about St Bonaventure.

They are doing 1.5 million in renovations of the McGraw/Jennings Stadium.  New padding and netting on the field, a two tier press box and bleacher seating in a portion of the park.  Currently there is no seating, spectators watch on a grassy hill.  With the renovations their facilities will be slightly better than SLU's.

What did I say that’s not true? Between SLU and Bonnie they are/were considered two of the worst supported baseball programs. Plus Bonnie’s field is ALL turf compared to SLU’s now. If you are saying SLU’s 50 year old bleachers are a significant upgrade over no seating at Bonnie, fine. Have you been to a game at SLU recently or ever??? Still it doesn’t excuse the fact this program is even being mentioned with Bonnie or truthfully any other A10 team in regards to facilities. For a D1 program and of all places St. Louis, MO it’s beyond understanding how bad SLU baseball facilities are in comparison to local high schools. Everyone supports and loves the program when they are winning titles and playing to go to a regional and once season is done, it’s like the lights literally go out and facility talk just disappears. AD can’t do more than two things at a time on a good day so it is what it is. Sad. Only explanation at this point is AD can’t realistically raise any money, unless Chaifetz and Kavanaugh do it for him, that’s why basketball and soccer have what they have. Too bad one of those guys or Fred liked baseball. That is the honest truth. If you can’t figure out how to pay to install brand new donated LED lighting and Ballwin Athletic and Chaminade High School can, you have no business being an AD. Thank god Chaifetz and Kavanaugh keep him around as their little pet/admin. Otherwise Chris May would be working at a mall food court in the middle of no where Iowa or Colorado. 

You said they were building a new facility. Not true. They are only upgrading their current one slightly.

A whole new facility would be closer to 10 million in upstate NY.

3 hours ago, slu92 said:

What did I say that’s not true? Between SLU and Bonnie they are/were considered two of the worst supported baseball programs. Plus Bonnie’s field is ALL turf compared to SLU’s now. If you are saying SLU’s 50 year old bleachers are a significant upgrade over no seating at Bonnie, fine. Have you been to a game at SLU recently or ever??? Still it doesn’t excuse the fact this program is even being mentioned with Bonnie or truthfully any other A10 team in regards to facilities. For a D1 program and of all places St. Louis, MO it’s beyond understanding how bad SLU baseball facilities are in comparison to local high schools. Everyone supports and loves the program when they are winning titles and playing to go to a regional and once season is done, it’s like the lights literally go out and facility talk just disappears. AD can’t do more than two things at a time on a good day so it is what it is. Sad. Only explanation at this point is AD can’t realistically raise any money, unless Chaifetz and Kavanaugh do it for him, that’s why basketball and soccer have what they have. Too bad one of those guys or Fred liked baseball. That is the honest truth. If you can’t figure out how to pay to install brand new donated LED lighting and Ballwin Athletic and Chaminade High School can, you have no business being an AD. Thank god Chaifetz and Kavanaugh keep him around as their little pet/admin. Otherwise Chris May would be working at a mall food court in the middle of no where Iowa or Colorado. 

I'm beginning to think you don't like Chris May as our AD.....

Easton Richter enters the portal.  Would have been a key part of the lineup next year.   It kinda feels like this team is going to disintegrate without something positive coming from the athletic department. :( 

1 hour ago, OkieBilliken said:

South Florida just hired Indiana State’s excellent baseball coach.  Wonder if they are going to go after ours?

You mean ISU go after Hendrickson? 

I know ISU was good this year but do they have a history of being good? 

I'm not concerned.