What are the chances Bradley get his waiver granted this week??

BLIKNS

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Just information:

There were 35 players on Jeff Goodman's 2x list (waiting to receive a waiver or already denied).  I checked on two games last night.  UNLV played their 2X, McNeese State did not. 

Those two situations came up through X accounts. 

Perhaps this is more because Will Wade us playing suck-up to the NCAA 

11 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Or, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, transfers mid year, and is immediately eligible to play.

True. I guess someone could play half a year for 8 different teams in their 4 years, raking it in each time. Of course they will still have to remain academically eligible, at least for the time being.

So be sure you are cheering for that when you cheer for Ezewiro playing on Saturday. Because you will be cheering for both of those things.

53 minutes ago, Dr Bird said:

I don't know how much Brad will help, but he'll certainly give us more defensive presence at the Bigs.

Edit: If Brad remains eligible, Sincere comes back soon, and the Gibby/LHJ nagging injuries heal, then I think an A10 tournament run is at least possible.  

I agree with this.

If Ezewiro plays the next two non-con games  and then plays the rest of the year and Parker comes back 100%. I think they can finish in the middle of the A10. At that point anything can happen. 

At the very least it will make them much more enjoyable to watch. Giving up a billion offensive rebounds a game is painful to watch.

8 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

True. I guess someone could play half a year for 8 different teams in their 4 years, raking it in each time. Of course they will still have to remain academically eligible, at least for the time being.

So be sure you are cheering for that when you cheer for Ezewiro playing on Saturday. Because you will be cheering for both of those things.

i fully expect to see the student requirement go out the window eventually.

It's going to get to the point where it's easier financially and administratively for schools to just deal with these actual employees rather than both employees and students, which comes with totally different requirements and legal obligations. Schools have much more control over employees and what they do. They're also going to want to cut headcount once they are dealing with player's associations and unions, who are also going to want to cut the "student" requirements. Schools won't be obligated to deal with legal requirements regarding student financial aid etc.

Much like how there are not certain requirements on a school when dealing with issues like professorial tenure, pay, pensions, so on.

4 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I agree with this.

If Ezewiro plays the next two non-con games  and then plays the rest of the year and Parker comes back 100%. I think they can finish in the middle of the A10. At that point anything can happen. 

At the very least it will make them much more enjoyable to watch. Giving up a billion offensive rebounds a game is painful to watch.

Middle i don't know. We will see how good Ezewiro is. If Parker takes time to come back we could get behind on it. What's without a doubt is that we will be better with Ezewiro on the floor. I thought we were a last place contender before, maybe not now.

8 minutes ago, Soderball said:

It's going to get to the point where it's easier financially and administratively for schools to just deal with these actual employees rather than both employees and students, which comes with totally different requirements and legal obligations. Schools have much more control over employees and what they do. They're also going to want to cut headcount once they are dealing with player's associations and unions, who are also going to want to cut the "student" requirements. Schools won't be obligated to deal with legal requirements regarding student financial aid etc.

Much like how there are not certain requirements on a school when dealing with issues like professorial tenure, pay, pensions, so on.

I don't think so. At that point even the most hard core fans will check out. We'll come to a point when a lot of this money dries up because a loss of interest. That will help it settle down again. All this is change is happening at the same time NIL, transfers to realignment. Realignment is mostly done as TV contracts are finalized. NIL is still being figured out. Transfers will be judged soon by the court.  Then it'll settle down.

10 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Middle i don't know. We will see how good Ezewiro is. If Parker takes time to come back we could get behind on it. What's without a doubt is that we will be better with Ezewiro on the floor. I thought we were a last place contender before, maybe not now.

If Ezewiro can play and Parker comes back healthy I would guess between 7-10. 
much better than what I thought a week ago. 🤞 

45 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Save this post.  Two to three years from now, I'm betting you have hit the bullseye dead center.  It will be interesting to see "trades" for lack of a better term, between teams. 

This is an interesting situation.  How can you treat Redshirts differently than 2X transfers in this two week window?  You can't.  Earlier the NCAA stated the 2x transfers would not impact eligibility if overturned.  So I guess any redshirts could also play at least the next two games without burning their redshirt year?  What if the TRO isn't overturned and a redshirt has played in games in the weeks in between?  We have walk-on Tsvet Sotirov who is apparently sitting this year.  And of course, Creighton, has our once-Billiken Brock Vice stored on the bench.  The BlueJays apparently can use any help they can get, loosing to UNLV by 15 last night.

If Travis cuts Bruce’s mpg, I think he’ll tick off a whole bunch of fans. I believe he will cut them in an attempt to save his arse. He should keep Bruce as the starter for at least the rest of the OC schedule. My fear is we’ll lose Bruce to the portal if his minutes get slashed. You can see Bruce making progress game to game. He shouldn’t squelch it. 

57 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

This is an interesting situation.  How can you treat Redshirts differently than 2X transfers in this two week window?  You can't.  Earlier the NCAA stated the 2x transfers would not impact eligibility if overturned.  So I guess any redshirts could also play at least the next two games without burning their redshirt year?  What if the TRO isn't overturned and a redshirt has played in games in the weeks in between?

You can easily treat them differently as the situation is different.  Redshirt is an established and purely voluntary (I know coaches can "encourage" players to redshirt) process.

The NCAA will have lawsuit fatigue.  The window is created by the courts.  It is a unique situation (and hopefully a one-time event).  If the NCAA tries to charge a year of eligibility, some lawyers will call it an adverse reaction but the NCAA to punish players for taking advantage of the court order and a new round of lawsuits will hit.  NCAA will wash their hands of this mess and not count it towards eligibility if the 2-week window ends as just a 2-week window.

20 minutes ago, slu72 said:

If Travis cuts Bruce’s mpg, I think he’ll tick off a whole bunch of fans. I believe he will cut them in an attempt to save his arse. He should keep Bruce as the starter for at least the rest of the OC schedule. My fear is we’ll lose Bruce to the portal if his minutes get slashed. You can see Bruce making progress game to game. He shouldn’t squelch it. 

I acknowledge your opinion is one result.  But really, whatever Ford does will tick off a whole bunch of fans-particularly on this board, right?  It's not Ford or any coach's job to appease the players or fans.  It's a coach's job to win games.  (Or as you put it, saving his arse.)  What is the best mpg/player to win?  I don't know. 

Starting is for High School.  Minutes are important.  My guess is that Bruce's minutes could remain in the high teens if Brad plays.  We will be better if both contribute.  My guess is that Van Bussel's minutes might all but disappear.  That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

Planning today's game strategy on who might enter the portal at the end of the season is useless.  Right now, I'm placing a 50/50 odds on every one of our players jumping into the portal (except for those without remaining eligibility 😁).

Soderball and Dr Bird like this

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I acknowledge your opinion is one result.  But really, whatever Ford does will tick off a whole bunch of fans-particularly on this board, right?  It's not Ford or any coach's job to appease the players or fans.  It's a coach's job to win games.  What is the best mpg/player to win?  I don't know. 

Starting is for High School.  Minutes are important.  My guess is that Bruce's minutes could remain in the high teens if Brad plays.  We will be better if both contribute.  My guess is that Van Bussel's minutes might all but disappear.  That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

Planning today's game strategy on who might enter the portal at the end of the season is useless.  Right now, I'm placing a 50/50 odds on every one of our players jumping into the portal (except for those without remaining eligibility 😁).

Lets Go Bruce, Brad, TJ, Gibby, Meadows.  Then we go from a Lindenwood-sized line up to actual D1.  The Bills would not score an offensive point with that line up after gibby is triple teamed, but I would still do it.

22 minutes ago, slu72 said:

With as foul-prone as Bruce is, I don’t think playing time will be an issue.  

In the NIL era, if the NCAA charges a year of eligibility for this window, the players are also out their NIL money.  The NCAA can no longer say that they got an education and have been fully paid.  The damages go way up in the NIL era.  At a minimum, any lawsuit will have many more facets for lawyers to argue over and for the NCAA to lose over.

I would be shocked if the NCAA would go anywhere near those issues.  They will not charge a year of eligibility during this window.