What are the chances Bradley get his waiver granted this week??

BLIKNS

12 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

14 Day Restraining Order. Will Ezewiro suit up Saturday? 

3 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

Assuming this is true, I don’t see why he wouldn’t be playing. 

knowing how St Louis U operates I would not be surprised at all if he doesn’t suit up. 
I would say the odds of him playing are still 50/50 at best.

JMM28 likes this

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

knowing how St Louis U operates I would not be surprised at all if he doesn’t suit up. 
I would say the odds of him playing are still 50/50 at best.

Yeah they'll be skiddish to act. I've said it before, things are only moving in the direction of freedom of movement and monetary gain for players. My guess is the NCAA balks and offers blanket waiver Jan 1. But apparently I was wrong on my Magassa 1/1 prediction.

0% chance SLU suits up Ez. We won't even try to take advantage of state NIL laws.

Going to talk out of both sides of my mouth here. If they do, is it showing some new found cajones? Or desperation?

SLU_Lax and brianstl like this

33 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

14 Day Restraining Order. Will Ezewiro suit up Saturday? 

I've followed SLU basketball for 40 or so years now.  In that time, we have almost exclusively taken whichever road will harm the program or at the very least not help it in any way.

17 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

0% chance SLU suits up Ez. We won't even try to take advantage of state NIL laws.

Going to talk out of both sides of my mouth here. If they do, is it showing some new found cajones? Or desperation?

What makes you say we haven't tried to take advantage of the state NIL laws? 

39 minutes ago, willie said:

What makes you say we haven't tried to take advantage of the state NIL laws? 

Direct quote from radio interview of the BVF Chairman stating that verbatim. Pretty solid source.

Box and Won likes this

-one item that may help get them to play on Saturday is our game is at night and perhaps our powers that be see games prior to ours that other teams are playing thier guys and CFord is able to lobby CMay to allow it as I believe the decison is to be made by CMay 

-there aren't a lot of games today thru Friday but Saturday's schedule looks very full

2 minutes ago, TRN said:

Like the judge that made the ruling?

Yeah that's a clear statement by a federal judge. Play em. If NCAA eventually wins this there's no way they go back and nullify those wins if they do there will be more lawsuits.

Ross Dellenger Tweeted the NCAA says it will not prevent multi-time transferring athletes from playing immediately, per a statement to YahooSports.

As a result of today's decision impacting Division I student-athletes, the Association will note enforce the year in residency requirement for multiple-time transfers and will begin notifying member schools.

Great news (I suppose this only applies to those two weeks? At least it says the NCAA will be notifying schools), welcome on-board Bradley!

Just now, willie said:

I am not questioning this but it was reported that May was part of the lobbying . Seems like somewhat of a contradiction. 

Yeah that was discussed at length on this board. It's weird. Why would he lobby for it, then the BVF, which he should have solid influence on, make it a point to not use the benefit? Like many things with the AD it doesn't make sense.  

15 minutes ago, willie said:

I am not questioning this but it was reported that May was part of the lobbying . Seems like somewhat of a contradiction. 

His involvement was about as meaningful as any of us on this board. Hey Kurtis, this is Chris May from Saint Louis University, let me know when you would like to hear my thoughts on the NIL legislation. Oh, you are at a celebratory press conference at the University of Missouri with those you worked on the legislation with and it has passed? Good deal, well, glad I could help get that across the finish line.

Former Mizzou offensive lineman and current state rep, Kurtis Gregory, went to Eli Drinkwitz when NIL was passed and basically said, let me know what you need from the state to give us the best chance to succeed, I am tired of Mizzou playing from behind. And I believe this is the second time they have gotten legislation passed in the state. To pretend May had anything to do with the legislation is just not true. Sure, have Stu add his name to the article in the Post Dispatch, but that is meaningless. And then Troy goes on the radio and basically says as much, hilarious. Dog and pony show.

Box and Won likes this

Judges don’t issue temporary restraining orders unless they think that based on what they see in the briefs filed by the attorneys that this is how the suit ends up. Expect yet another court loss by the NCAA, continuing the streak. There is ZERO reason not to play Ezewiro next game if he is physically ready to go.

9 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Judges don’t issue temporary restraining orders unless they think that based on what they see in the briefs filed by the attorneys that this is how the suit ends up. Expect yet another court loss by the NCAA, continuing the streak. There is ZERO reason not to play Ezewiro next game if he is physically ready to go.

Could the athletes who play in this window risk burning a year of eligibility?

billiken_roy likes this