What are the chances Bradley get his waiver granted this week??

BLIKNS

50/50 ? 

Switched this up for this week.

I think Pistol said Rammer stated Magassa will be ineligible 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slim and none snd Slim is nowhere to be found.

Seems like a final decision on Eziwero should come soon though. The cases I’m familiar with at UNC and Wake where their appeals were granted show that both schools enlisted high-powered attorneys and significant political figures in NC to make their case/put significant pressure on the NCAA/ threaten lawsuits, choose any combination you want, to win their appeals.

I have no idea how SLU is handling this but it seems that anything less than what UNC and Wake did won’t work.

3 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Foreign high school credits not transferring is the way I understand it. 

If this true then there is only 2 ways to get around this and both are not timely.  1. Retake the classes that are not acceptable but that could take a lot of time.  2. Get more a detailed syllabus for the classes in question to try to show that the classes do meet the NCAA requirements.  Every time a school district creates a new class they have to submit a syllabus to the NCAA and get it approved.  This is done yearly but if the class has not been changed and already approved it is only a formality, but new courses have to be vetted by the NCAA.  If they reject it then you have to find out why and provide more information - usually it is because some key word is missing - the people reviewing these new courses are not necessarily educators but people looking for key words.  Normally you can get this straightened out but a foreign course maybe a lot more difficult to work around.

3 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Foreign high school credits not transferring is the way I understand it. 

-thanks

28 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

If this true then there is only 2 ways to get around this and both are not timely.  1. Retake the classes that are not acceptable but that could take a lot of time.  2. Get more a detailed syllabus for the classes in question to try to show that the classes do meet the NCAA requirements.  Every time a school district creates a new class they have to submit a syllabus to the NCAA and get it approved.  This is done yearly but if the class has not been changed and already approved it is only a formality, but new courses have to be vetted by the NCAA.  If they reject it then you have to find out why and provide more information - usually it is because some key word is missing - the people reviewing these new courses are not necessarily educators but people looking for key words.  Normally you can get this straightened out but a foreign course maybe a lot more difficult to work around.

-could SLU show his semester grades, if compelling enough, to show he made good academic progress?

2 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

-thanks

-could SLU show his semester grades, if compelling enough, to show he made good academic progress?

Doubt it - the NCAA would say you can accept any student you want in a college - in fact a high school diploma is not needed - but to play sports you have to have taken approved courses.

32 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I understand there is a guy playinbg for VCU who went to school with and played with Magassa.  And how is he eligible?

There are classes at every school that do not meet the requirements that some kids take so it is possible to attend the same school but not have the necessary requirements met.  For example, a remedial reading class would not qualify as a Language Arts credit.  As Elrond said without seeing the transcript in question it would be impossible to know exactly what the issues are.

5 hours ago, Taj79 said:

I understand there is a guy playinbg for VCU who went to school with and played with Magassa.  And how is he eligible?

This would be a great question for the Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance . Oh wait, we have never filled that position yet. Position still posted. 

Pistol and SLU_Lax like this

10 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Doubt it - the NCAA would say you can accept any student you want in a college - in fact a high school diploma is not needed - but to play sports you have to have taken approved courses.

I know it has been over 30 years, but I find it hard to believe that the same school that wouldn’t admit a completely eligible Upchurch is now enrolling a kid with a welding certificate.  Something is not adding up.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

I know it has been over 30 years, but I find it hard to believe that the same school that wouldn’t admit a completely eligible Upchurch is now enrolling a kid with a welding certificate.  Something is not adding up.

I was thinking about this the other day. You don't hear about ineligible players or partial qualifiers anymore. It's like school got easier.

Edit: Another consideration is that students can take online classes as well to gain eligibility. In the past if you failed you had to wait a semester now online classes can be done at anytime. But I do think grading is getting easier from the anecdotal information I received from College Professors and Secondary School Teachers.

AGB91 likes this

30 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

I have seen this stated a few times on the message board, but I have never seen anything official from the NCAA, SLU, or Stu.  Did I miss something?

No there’s nothing official. There likely won’t be. I have been told by a couple people that Ezewiros status has been decided. To add to that there hasn’t been anything official on Magassa either. Rammer saying he’s not eligible is the first and closest to any official explanation for his or really anyone’s situation. Given their inability to tell the truth re: Zhang’s eligibility, I would expect nothing less than for SLU to keep their mouths shut about Ezewiro.

So weird if it's known to not just release a statement. Fill the void with correct information. Even if something is ongoing release a "the process is still ongoing" statement. It costs nothing.

CenHudDude likes this

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

If memories serves me right - after the Upchurch fiasco the school changed its approach to athletes.

30 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

So weird if it's known to not just release a statement. Fill the void with correct information. Even if something is ongoing release a "the process is still ongoing" statement. It costs nothing.

Agreed.  You have a loyal fanbase, but you refuse to be transparent with them. Fan/supporter engagement is severely lacking.