SluSignGuy

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-and get ice cream after the game?

Reminds me of a Rammer quote from right after the Rickma hire(paraphrasing) "this is a different program now. we can't talk about our little billikens and oh they tried so hard let's knit them a sweater"

We're knitting sweaters again. The sweater-knitters are out here defending CTF. Ditch this rubbish. They defended Crewsplatt too. Enough, let's win instead. The money is there, the tools are there, where's the WILL!?

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

https://www.usufans.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=69320

their fans certainly do not fear us, which is fair.  Every single one predicting a USU win, most by double digits. 

I’m guessing 85-63 them. Don’t see how we possibly matchup with them. Getting extra popcorn ready for the post-game Fire Ford meltdown. Can’t wait!!

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

38 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-and get ice cream after the game?

i'd like ice cream after the game.   which section will the ice cream be served?

39 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Reminds me of a Rammer quote from right after the Rickma hire(paraphrasing) "this is a different program now. we can't talk about our little billikens and oh they tried so hard let's knit them a sweater"

We're knitting sweaters again. The sweater-knitters are out here defending CTF. Ditch this rubbish. They defended Crewsplatt too. Enough, let's win instead. The money is there, the tools are there, where's the WILL!?

I mean, focusing on the growth and development of the players and making sure we can keep attracting players is also important. You can balance enjoying the game with criticism of the AD and regime change. I hope TJ gets a dunk and Parker's injury heals quicker than expected. I also hope we get rid of May and Ford. See, balance.

Billiken Rich likes this

45 minutes ago, Soderball said:

That's an indictment on your boy Sodie, who RM replaced 

7 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I mean, focusing on the growth and development of the players and making sure we can keep attracting players is also important. You can balance enjoying the game with criticism of the AD and regime change. I hope TJ gets a dunk and Parker's injury heals quicker than expected. I also hope we get rid of May and Ford. See, balance.

I want the team to do well no matter who the coach and AD is.  I don't control that.  Until Parker returns, we're pretty limited in the teams we can beat. 

I expect over the next 5 weeks Thames will become a consistent 8-9 ppg scorer.  LJ is basically a spot up shooter right now.  The percentages will improve but it will be harder for him to be a consistent scorer because he lives and dies by his jumper.

Am I wrong? Hasn’t the student turnout been pretty good? Appears that way on TV. I’m not expecting much for the rest of the OOC. Therefore, I hope Ford gets the hint and starts giving more minutes to the newbies, ie Zhang, Courcic,  Thames, Bussell. Losing w/ the upper class men getting the bulk of the minutes is fruitless. Development is the theme for this year. 

LHJ is really disappointed me this season.  I think his superpower is his 3 point shooting, but this year he seems to want to play the much talked about "hero ball."  I really wish he would establish himself as a serious 3 point threat and use the threat of this to then lead to his ability to fake and head to the basket.

Thames looks to me like he's a few more maturity points away from being legit.  Of all the players that we should want out there to develop, he may be at the top.  When he plays out of control, which is most of the time, he doesn't contribute much.  If he controls his game and slows things down, his natural athleticism and talents will take over.  Hopefully, he figures out his game sooner rather than later, and, hopefully, he's given the court time and instruction to help make this happen.

billikenbill likes this

10 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Why do I get the impression that this adjustment to the line was caused primarily from guys on this board?

Highly likely.

When has Ford beaten a team he wasn't favored to beat? Can anyone think of an instance?

None of the games vs teams in top 25. Those are all out.

Maybe he's due?

5 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

When has Ford beaten a team he wasn't favored to beat? Can anyone think of an instance?

None of the games vs teams in top 25. Those are all out.

Maybe he's due?

He’s been due the last 20 important/momentum games and hasn’t won one of them.