BRUCE CLEARED TO PLAY

AGB91

6 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

true.

i will say about our netherlands guy, the guy is full of energy.   getting players to play that hard is tough.   now we just got to get him to control himself.   i havent seen anyone over 10 years old fall for fakes as much as he did Wednesday night.   if the score wouldnt have been so lopsided it would have been a disaster.   but he too is big and like i said, he sure is a bundle of energy.   surely that can be harnessed to give us some productivity.  

He seems like a great guy, tries hard, and you can't teach his size. All I'm saying is he's not ready to play any meaningful minutes any time soon and if we have to rely on him to...we're up a creek with no paddle in sight. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, TRN said:

SLU continues to be a Mickey Mouse organization.  Be honest and upfront about players’ statuses.  

We’re past 1999 and everyone has the internet, even if the SLU AD believes otherwise.  Players being ineligible and under investigation, whether by merit or not, by the NCAA is the norm.  

Just be transparent, even by obfuscating the whole story, and maybe give some information to your ever depleting / dying / shrinking fan base.

It's so frustrating. I've been waiting for 4 decades for them to get their act together. I guess the joke is on me...on all of us.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Before this whole thread disintegrates into a finger pointing game as to who did what and why, I wonder if anyone in this board has ever watched Bruce play. He did not play in the open practice I attended, and other than knowing that he is Chinese, and that he is very tall, all else about Bruce is shrouded in confusion. My question is: can he play or is he a project for development?

If he can rebound and pass(the passing I know he can) he'll be a good backup. Right now, we do not have that, at all. 

30 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

true.

i will say about our netherlands guy, the guy is full of energy.   getting players to play that hard is tough.   now we just got to get him to control himself.   i havent seen anyone over 10 years old fall for fakes as much as he did Wednesday night.   if the score wouldnt have been so lopsided it would have been a disaster.   but he too is big and like i said, he sure is a bundle of energy.   surely that can be harnessed to give us some productivity.  

He just needs to chill out.  I know he's excited, but he was less happy feet in the last game. Hopefully by next week we can get Bruce to 10 mpg, and maybe SVB to 5 MPG. 

11 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I thought SVB has looked like 95% of A-10 level freshman centers. The question is, does he develop into a force or does he washout? It’s early but I like his chances.

I’m expecting the same type of play form Bruce. 

College ready 7 footers end up at blue bloods not the A10.

Not at all saying he should have gone somewhere bigger or that he is actually better than he is currently, but Bruce's journey/recruitment was an odd one.  Perhaps a more traditional way might have landed him more offers(?)

17 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I thought SVB has looked like 95% of A-10 level freshman centers. The question is, does he develop into a force or does he washout? It’s early but I like his chances.

I’m expecting the same type of play form Bruce. 

College ready 7 footers end up at blue bloods not the A10.

Big men typically "wash out" because there are better options at their position, forcing them to transfer down.  Martin Linssen could barely get on the court as freshman for a 15-17 Valparaiso team.  He didn't start putting up numbers until he transferred down to an even worse UNC-Wilimington squad.

I'm glad that our schedule is softer than usual.  Otherwise a project big might not ever see the floor.

almaman likes this

16 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Just this year??

I was being kind.

What will be interesting to see is, if this was a mistake, how long it will take to send out a correction.  The longer no correction is sent, the more it seems like it wasn’t a mistake. Honestly, the error should probably already have been corrected.

4 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I should mention that is just an educated guess. They could always hold him back for “conditioning”. 

He's gotta play. We got too many projects on the bench already.

In the NIL era projects ain't worth much, they leave or you just buy some other teams completed projects.

1 hour ago, Soderball said:

He's gotta play. We got too many projects on the bench already.

In the NIL era projects ain't worth much, they leave or you just buy some other teams completed projects.

There is the small problem of having enough NIL money to buy other teams completed project, this is something that we do not have at this time.

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I have not seen any updates on Zhang's status....last report from Nov 9 is still posted as ....out indefinitely ...eligibility waiver issue.

I’m sticking with the longer that’s not corrected, the more likely it is that it is true.

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I have not seen any updates on Zhang's status....last report from Nov 9 is still posted as ....out indefinitely ...eligibility waiver issue.

The guy that writes the pre game and updates the status is probably off this week. No big deal. He'll get to it after he updates the other NCAA paperwork 

1 minute ago, TheA_Bomb said:

The guy that writes the pre game and updates the status is probably off this week. No big deal. He'll get to it after he updates the other NCAA paperwork 

He’s probably busy taking leaves around Chaifetz and cleaning up Hermann Stadium after last nights crowd, he’ll get to it after he’s done cleaning the rest rooms getting ready for the basketball game. Have patience.

29 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

I’m sticking with the longer that’s not corrected, the more likely it is that it is true.

Most schools have updated their reports for Nov 11 by now....If you haven't updated it implies the existing report is still good.  I guess we will have an answer  one way or another in 5 hours.

19 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Most schools have updated their reports for Nov 11 by now....If you haven't updated it implies the existing report is still good.  I guess we will have an answer  one way or another in 5 hours.

Are Magassa and Ezewiro also on the report?