2023-2024 Season

Aquinas

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

She played for SLU as a Graduate Transfer in the inaugural season before it was a thing. She did undergrad at Illinois where they didn't have a team. 

I honestly had no idea she'd been affiliated with us for that long.

On 11/8/2023 at 12:55 PM, cgeldmacher said:

I agree with a lot of what you said, but I think your being a little bit hard on CMay.  Any employer can tell you that dealing with an employee who screws up is very hard.  This is especially true when you have to fire that employee for the screw up and when your business is in the public eye.  If you want to criticize May for hiring that person in the first place or for not micro managing that employee to make sure she did her job, I can see that.  However, I think it is much harder to criticize a manager for not wanting to continue to dredge up that person's mistake in public forums.  I'm not saying that how he is handling it is wrong or right, just saying that it's tough to discuss the details of something that resulted in an employee's termination.

The person in question who everyone is blaming went to a Power 5 school on their own accord. They weren’t fired. They got a much better job, so they can’t be that bad. 

11 minutes ago, slu92 said:

The person in question who everyone is blaming went to a Power 5 school on their own accord. They weren’t fired. They got a much better job, so they can’t be that bad. 

I'm sorry, I don't think we're talking about the same person. The now former AAD for Compliance did not go to a P5 school that I'm aware of, seems like something they'd have updated on their LinkedIn. Also there is a fine line between being asked to resign and being fired, so that really doesn't mean much. 

3 minutes ago, slu92 said:

So she’s never worked anywhere else? Just at SLU her entire career and started as an assistant soccer coach? Now everything is making more and more sense. Same issues it seems every year and the two constant folks around the whole time are this Janet and Chris May. Typical slu. 

If everyone's going to go down the road of throwing Janet under the bus, it really needs to be said that there are not many people who bleed Billiken Blue like Janet does. You can't deny her passion for SLU. 

22 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I'm sorry, I don't think we're talking about the same person. The now former AAD for Compliance did not go to a P5 school that I'm aware of, seems like something they'd have updated on their LinkedIn. Also there is a fine line between being asked to resign and being fired, so that really doesn't mean much. 

Arike Mercer? 

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

If everyone's going to go down the road of throwing Janet under the bus, it really needs to be said that there are not many people who bleed Billiken Blue like Janet does. You can't deny her passion for SLU. 

Agreed, I don’t have knowledge of this situation but based on my experience as a student athlete(albeit awhile ago) I’d say if anyone has earned the benefit of the doubt in the athletic department, it would be her. 

11 minutes ago, basebill123 said:

Agreed, I don’t have knowledge of this situation but based on my experience as a student athlete(albeit awhile ago) I’d say if anyone has earned the benefit of the doubt in the athletic department, it would be her. 

I don’t know if I’m giving anyone the benefit of the doubt at this point. But context is helpful. 

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I wasn’t saying Janet should get fired in my post, not even close. Just pointing out in this instance, it was someone who directly reported to her.  May gets a lot of blame. Some of that is deserved and some of that is not.  This was a time it he didn’t deserve it.

11 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I wasn’t saying Janet should get fired in my post, not even close. Just pointing out in this instance, it was someone who directly reported to her.  May gets a lot of blame. Some of that is deserved and some of that is not.  This was a time it he didn’t deserve it.

Yeah I knew what you were getting at. It was more so the run of Janet centric posts. Just providing context. There are a lot of things I think they do wrong over there in Chaifetz arena but you can't deny Janet's love for SLU. That's really all I'm saying. 

brianstl likes this

16 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

We also have one true big man who got like 6 minutes last game 

Still expected Parker and Tim to finish higher.  MM has only attempted 3 so I'll let that slide.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Brock Vice has yet to play a minute for Creighton. I should’ve gloat but he stiffed us. 

I also looked that up the other day.  I hope him and his family realizes that he would possibly be our starting big man if he had kept his commitment to us.

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

I also looked that up the other day.  I hope him and his family realizes that he would possibly be our starting big man if he had kept his commitment to us.

I looked at the stats and 12 people have played. He has not. I hope he doesn’t think he’s gonna get any real minutes once conf play starts. It could be, though, he just ain’t all that great. 

gabriel likes this

2 hours ago, ACE said:

How dare you "dunk" on him. The kid is fragile.

Good one. You seem fragile if ya need to make yourself feel better by criticizing Vice instead of recognizing what it means for our coach/program. I don't care about him at all he didn't go to SLU. What I care about is why that happened. 

37 minutes ago, slu72 said:

He’s on the roster. Do redshirts get listed? I guess I should know the answer, but I don’t. 

Yes on the roster and like the kid SLU redshirted last year, on the sideline dressed for games .... just doesn't play.

https://collegefootballnetwork.com/redshirting-redshirt-rules-explained/