The Best Pickup of the Off Season was....

Our list of international failures is a lot longer than our list of international success stories. On the plus side we can count Loe, Ellis, Voyoukous, Izik and Linssen. List of failures goes all the way back to Latimore.   Again I'm relying on the state's motto of "show me."

So when we look back a year from now on these international recruits are we giving credit now to Harriman for Van Bussel, the French guy and the Serb? Very curious to see how their production ranks them come this time next year.

@willie: The portal is turning out to be just what I figured it would be and that is a money grab. I don't mind the foreigners, maybe they will in the long run surprise, but if it takes a couple years to truly figure that out is Billiken booster suggests do I really think they're gonna be around a couple years? The recent past has a landscape littered with Gudmunsson, Lorentsson, Salesich, Traore, Cisse, Diarra and others. Again i'll wait to be shown to understand what's going on.

I will say that all this newness is really making me excited for my Myrtle Beach trip in November. I really can't wait to see what it looks like up close and personal.

16 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

@willie: The portal is turning out to be just what I figured it would be and that is a money grab. I don't mind the foreigners, maybe they will in the long run surprise, but if it takes a couple years to truly figure that out is Billiken booster suggests do I really think they're gonna be around a couple years? The recent past has a landscape littered with Gudmunsson, Lorentsson, Salesich, Traore, Cisse, Diarra and others. Again i'll wait to be shown to understand what's going on.

I will say that all this newness is really making me excited for my Myrtle Beach trip in November. I really can't wait to see what it looks like up close and personal.

Your recent past mentions are fair. Not much there. But Ellis and Loe were good additions. Harry’s? As I stated before can this be our answer to the NIL lunacy? We obviously didn’t have enough dollars to win the Portal wars. 

@willie:  Yes, I believe both Ellis and Loe were Harriman pickups from down under under Majerus. I also think Ellis and Loe fit the mold for Majerus' system and thrived even more. The current crop of foreigners is coming into Ford's system and I'm not quite sure just what that is even after 7 years of watching. But hope springs eternal and I'm looking forward to seeing this team come Myrtle Beach in November.

Like Taj Mahal, I’m looking forward to MB games. One observation about our recent forays into the international market; the foreigners are an impatient bunch. If they play only sparingly, they jump ship either by entering the portal or returning home. I’m hoping for the best from this years imports but unless they are contributors, I would suggest you don’t invest in their jerseys. 

AGB91 and billiken_roy like this

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

Like Taj Mahal, I’m looking forward to MB games. One observation about our recent forays into the international market; the foreigners are an impatient bunch. If they play only sparingly, they jump ship either by entering the portal or returning home. I’m hoping for the best from this years imports but unless they are contributors, I would suggest you don’t invest in their jerseys. 

thank god Mexicans aren't into hoops, we've all heard about that bunch.