Kevin Lisch Returning to St. Louis

kshoe

Last night on Sports Plus, Frank had a long segment on Kevin Lisch and his family returning to St. Louis. I couldn’t find it online but maybe someone else can find it.

He’s going to work for Scott Highmark at Mosaic Family Wealth and will be starting low on the totem poll. It was a neat interview and it’ll certainly be great to see him at SLU games more often now. He has 4 or 5 kids so there’s probably some recruitable student athletes in the bunch too!

10 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Last night on Sports Plus, Frank had a long segment on Kevin Lisch and his family returning to St. Louis. I couldn’t find it online but maybe someone else can find it.

He’s going to work for Scott Highmark at Mosaic Family Wealth and will be starting low on the totem poll. It was a neat interview and it’ll certainly be great to see him at SLU games more often now. He has 4 or 5 kids so there’s probably some recruitable student athletes in the bunch too!

By the time they are old enough I will not be attending games anymore.  Hopefully his family will like living in America

11 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Kevin was far better than "decent." He is 6th in the all-time SLU scoring list and while that may have been modestly inflated by his teammates not being good enough to spread out the shots, he would have been a major play on any Billikens team, ever. Not to mention he was a two time Australian league MVP and played in the Olympics for Australia. Dude was a stud.

+1 

If he had one Okoro-like front court player then I think Brad would have gotten a tournament bid.  

Ps - I hate Drew Lavender.  (IYKYK)

52 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Kevin was far better than "decent." He is 6th in the all-time SLU scoring list and while that may have been modestly inflated by his teammates not being good enough to spread out the shots, he would have been a major play on any Billikens team, ever. Not to mention he was a two time Australian league MVP and played in the Olympics for Australia. Dude was a stud.

I didn't get to see Kevin play much due to the Billikens and A10s crappy TV distribution in those days. When I saw him play, I saw tenacity, extreme toughness, and leadership. I really liked what I saw. My uncle went to ND with his dad and thinks Rusty is a good dude too.

9 hours ago, kshoe said:

Too bad he does not have eligibility left...he'd be a star on this year's team!

9 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

Glad to see him back .... a decent player for very average teams.

Decent? 

Decent kind of like Betty White, Bob Ross, Mr. Rodgers, Keanu Reeves, Dolly Parton, or any other  universally loved celebrity is “Decent.” 

Kevin is one of my all time favorite Billikens.  Too bad Sodie couldn’t get him to the tourney. If we sign Stemler that year, we win 3 more games and get in. Then of course we probably don’t get Big Rick. 

Watching that brought me back to why I am a SLU basketball fan. No question both of these guys were great players at SLU. But it's the story behind them that resonates. They were fierce on the court and gentlemen off it. They had a work ethic and a will to win that was special. They were true student-athletes, who excelled in the classroom. They not only wanted to stay home to play, they loved being Billikens. Just a pair of wonderful representatives of Saint Louis University and the Billikens basketball program. 

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

When we played UNC at the Dean Dome I overheard 2 UNC fans saying both Lisch and Tommie L could have played for the Heels. 

Did Tommie ever get his degree? I know he was working on it but don’t know if he ever completed it. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

Did Tommie ever get his degree? I know he was working on it but don’t know if he ever completed it. 

I think he did - I saw him working the parking garage once and asked him what he was doing now and  he said he was going to school to finish up his degree.  

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin Lisch could be for the East Side what Bonner, Beal, and Larry Hughes have been for AAU basketball for gradeschoolers and highschoolers.

or work for Chaifetz if he buys an NBA franchise

Listen to yesterday's podcast with Kevin, Rammer and Frank.  Wednesday, 5th segment.  It is a half hour well spent.  Very interesting talk on his love-hate relationship with Majerus, his time in Australia and coming home.  (Kevin scored his 1,000th point in the 20 point debacle at GW.  He and Majerus 'got into it' during the game---funny story.)

https://590thefan.com/radio-shows/press-box/

billikenbill and thetorch like this