Gibson Jimerson Returning?

18 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

This is like asking, “Who is the skinniest person in overwaters anonymous?”

The answer is SLU had the best offense in a one-bid league…..finishing around 63rd nationally on offensive efficiency per KenPom…

top 15%?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

My comment was to SLU 72 regarding his post not a discussion of where we ranked last season in the A10.  Once again, stay on topic

You’re pretty stupid if you don’t think there is a correlation between a good offensive scheme and scoring… 

35 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

This is like asking, “Who is the skinniest person in overwaters anonymous?”

The answer is SLU had the best offense in a one-bid league…..finishing around 63rd nationally on offensive efficiency per KenPom…

Ok, so how does that prove they had a poor offensive scheme??? 

15 hours ago, slu72 said:

Let Travis design an offense around spacing and Gibby outscores his man every game. Like Highmark said about Spoon, outscore your man. Our offensive schemes suck. It’s about quick passes not dribbling around the perimeter. 

had one of the all time best assist man in history of ncaa, you use him to handle the ball and pass, likely the scheme will be different without him, but you go to the strength of your players

10 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

You’re pretty stupid if you don’t think there is a correlation between a good offensive scheme and scoring… 

Different players should create different schemes.  We will have different players so different schemes will be needed.  Sorry that you are so stupid that you don't understand this concept.  

Westy03 likes this

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

Different players should create different schemes.  We will have different players so different schemes will be needed.  Sorry that you are so stupid that you don't understand this concept.  

SLU72 clearly said our offensive schemes suck, did you miss that? 

We need an overhaul of our offense, but GJ clearly has trouble getting his own shot. Blaming that on Ford is ridiculous. We ran a ton of plays to get GJ open. The officials allowed him to be mauled all year. He averaged 15 a game and he doesn't get himself downhill. He gets his points by being open. We ran plays his way all year. Btw..he goes back door as well as anyone in college basketball.

Jimerson is considered a "role player" in kenpom's metrics. He was used in 16-20% of possessions. However he ranked 199th in the country in effective FG% and 253rd in the country in 3P%. Seems like the kind of guy you'd want to be more involved going forward. 

1 hour ago, DOC said:

We need an overhaul of our offense, but GJ clearly has trouble getting his own shot. Blaming that on Ford is ridiculous. We ran a ton of plays to get GJ open. The officials allowed him to be mauled all year. He averaged 15 a game and he doesn't get himself downhill. He gets his points by being open. We ran plays his way all year. Btw..he goes back door as well as anyone in college basketball.

Team couldn't set screens either. It's odd that we watch players get open all the time against us but Gibson doesn't get open and it's because teams hold him. He was being mauled at times, but would have probably helped if we could screen better.

VeniceMenace likes this

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

Pass the popcorn, this is getting interesting. Oh, and our offensive schemes do suck. 

Sorry to disappoint you but I am done with my two posts in response to someone who is just looking for a food fight.  No point to it.

49 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Team couldn't set screens either. It's odd that we watch players get open all the time against us but Gibson doesn't get open and it's because teams hold him. He was being mauled at times, but would have probably helped if we could screen better.

Good observation, it was open season for 3-pointers against SLU all year.

I don't know if we don't set screens well or our players don't really know the proper way to use them.  It's been pointed out multiple times that 1) Majerus drilled his players ion the proper use and setting of screens and 2) Collins' failure to use screens properly led to many offensive foul calls against both Okoro and Forrester.  And our failure on defense was well documented.  You just can't let kids at this level be open enough to get off a decent shot.

7 hours ago, JMM28 said:

Jimerson is considered a "role player" in kenpom's metrics. He was used in 16-20% of possessions. However he ranked 199th in the country in effective FG% and 253rd in the country in 3P%. Seems like the kind of guy you'd want to be more involved going forward. 

According to ESPN stats he was 29th ITN in 3p% last year and 78th in 3p made…

On 4/2/2023 at 1:21 PM, billikenfan05 said:

Yes we are really bad at setting and dying screens.  I was hoping when Roby was here that he was going to teach Gibby how to sell calls.  Gibby needs an acting class.  He doesn’t relay how much he’s being held.  I respect that but you have to sell it some too

2 hours ago, Slowry said:

Yes we are really bad at setting and dying screens.  I was hoping when Roby was here that he was going to teach Gibby how to sell calls.  Gibby needs an acting class.  He doesn’t relay how much he’s being held.  I respect that but you have to sell it some too

Unfortunately, college basketball has become, in my opinion, too physical.  Talent has been overtaken to a point by physicality.  Every player gets held.  Post play is ridiculous.  Sumo wrestling matches take place in the paint. 

"Back in the days" when I played if you touched a player you could expect a foul.  Now, it's survival of the fittest.  Yes Jimerson gets held.  But Perkins got held, Parker got held, Collins got held, Okoro got mauled. And if you think we don't do the same, you need to take off your blue shades.  That's todays game.

I saw a photo of Zack Edney after a game, and it looked like he had been attacked by a lion.  Scratches covered his arms.

To succeed these days, you have to fight back (and not get caught).  Jimerson needs to push back if he gets held.  He needs to develop his technique to push off.  It ain't gonna get called, so he needs to get more fire.