GDT: @ Davidson

2 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

I rag on you a lot (nothing personal), but you hit the nail on the head here. We commit so many dumb reach-in and touch fouls.

+1 - it’s almost like “what are our assistant coaches doing at practice with these guys?” I think about those Tom Emanski instructional baseball videos and how those kids must have practiced the old crow hop until their feet bled. Well, we aren’t a fundamentally sound team and you have to question what in the heck is going on at practice. There’s a reason Majerus had closed practices because he watched the tapes and he got in a guy’s face until the problem was corrected. If it’s an issue of guys being soft or a generation that can’t handle the criticism, that’s on Ford for not seeing that during the recruiting process. 

billiken_roy likes this

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, brianstl said:

I don’t get this crap.  This is the team Ford assembled.  They are his recruits.  They are coached by him and execute the game plan he comes up with.  He deserves blame for this.

And save me the Perkins is out crap.  Perkins wasn’t go to be on this team without the bonus year.  Every disappointing year has some excuse made.  the situation, Covid, Perkins, etc.  The results are the results. Six seasons with one NCAA tournament appearance and zero top 3 finishes in the conference.

He deserves blame.

Brian, you can't argue with these guys.  

They think Yuri is an infallible All-American and the corrupt refs are worth 25 points for our opponent.  

We picked a bad time to play the worse game of the season.

Its a blowout.

No one has asked for the 2 St. Joe’s tickets I have up on the exchange thread.

What a joke. Another big game another opportunity to not show up. Three out of four games against good teams and the same outcome. Dog**** defense, Unenthusiastic play, stagnant offense, inability to get open and momentum killing turnovers/fouls. Absolutely infuriating to watch this game after game when we need to win. 

3 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

The story line isn’t the refs, like so many on this board want it to be.  Davidson just couldn’t miss in the first half and SLU couldn’t get back.

This team is just a step off from being a top team this season.

Many, including me, have not blamed the refs for this loss. But that’s not an endorsement of their performance. 

Davidson played (shot great).   Refs indeed called a one sided game (look at fouls and free throws).  But the Billikens effort was maybe the worst I've seen since Crewsplatt.

Nothing p!sses me off more than standing around reaching in fouls, not blocking out, etc.

Billikens standing on the ledge of no chance and they come out and play like that?

Pitiful. 

CBFan likes this

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I don’t get this crap.  This is the team Ford assembled.  They are his recruits.  They are coached by him and execute the game plan he comes up with.  He deserves blame for this.

And save me the Perkins is out crap.  Perkins wasn’t go to be on this team without the bonus year.  Every disappointing year has some excuse made.  the situation, Covid, Perkins, etc.  The results are the results. Six seasons with one NCAA tournament appearance and zero top 3 finishes in the conference.

He deserves blame.

I expected 19 wins when Perkins went down. We’re close to that. I am not too upset about this year. Also, the “Perkins is out crap” is ridiculous. No major scorer/transfer wanted to join a team to play second fiddle. If Perk was never going to be on the team, I would’ve expected someone like Alonzo Verge to be in a billiken uniform. 

stmdragons likes this

Out of our misery on to the next game on Tuesday Mrs. CBFan and I will be there to enthusiastically cheer our team on.

2 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

I expected 19 wins when Perkins went down. We’re close to that. I am not too upset about this year. Also, the “Perkins is out crap” is ridiculous. No major scorer/transfer wanted to join a team to play second fiddle. If Perk was never going to be on the team, I would’ve expected someone like Alonzo Verge to be in a billiken uniform. 

If there wasn’t the extra year they couldn’t have added Verge

Just now, brianstl said:

If there wasn’t the extra year they couldn’t have added Verge

Yes, but that’s the reality. Also, verge was just an example. Foster Loyer wouldn’t have joined Davidson if Kellen Grady was there. He knew that Kellen was leaving so he joined.