Around the A10

brianstl

Fordham doesn't play anybody.  WHAT DID HE SAY?  Yes.  True.  Their A10 home-and-homes are against La Salle (currently #13), Duquesne (#14), Umass (#10), Geedubya (#7) and Davidson (#1), who is a relative surprise at #1.  I'd say theyh ave done well and Kyle Neptune is a refreshing change of pace but it is a little smoke and mirrors.  With the A10's bottom so weak, getting six or seven wins isn't too hard to come by it seems.  

But kudos .... Neptune knows he can't match the talent so he slows the game down and preaches defense.  Fordham has always played good defense but a lot of that is attributable to their offensive style of play.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Maybe he has a line in on Bronny.  Reclassify, be a Duke, then go play with Pops James.

the whole lebron "i want to play a year with my son" is confusing.  yes bronny is a division one player, but he doesnt appear to me to be a one and done and i will have to see him progress quite a bit before i even believe he is even an nba player imo.  

BilliesBy40 likes this

9 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

the whole lebron "i want to play a year with my son" is confusing.  yes bronny is a division one player, but he doesnt appear to me to be a one and done and i will have to see him progress quite a bit before i even believe he is even an nba player imo.  

I agree with you.  But LeBron probably thinks he can convince an NBA team to draft Bronny and get a package deal with Pops.  LeBron's contract has one more year on it with the Lakers (at $44,475,000).

A10Ref likes this

I believe Richmond TODAY has the seeding tie breaker over the Bills due to their Feb 4 win over St. Bonaventure. After head to head, the next tie breaker is record against highest opponent.  We both lost to Davidson.  The Spiders lost to VCU which we haven't played.  Richmond hasn't played Dayton yet.

Richmond plays Dayton at home Tuesday (why wasn't that Senior Night?) and then plays at Olean on the 4th.  We are of course 1-1 against Dayton and 0-2 against the Bonnies.

VCU has St. B at home on Tuesday, so that game has implications on final seedings for Top 6.

Bottom line is there is plenty of parameters in play for the current seedings to switch.  We still have a long shot at 4th, but St. Bonnie would have to lose 2 out of 3 while we win out along with some other stuff happening.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

I believe Richmond TODAY has the seeding tie breaker over the Bills due to their Feb 4 win over St. Bonaventure. After head to head, the next tie breaker is record against highest opponent.  We both lost to Davidson.  The Spiders lost to VCU which we haven't played.  Richmond hasn't played Dayton yet.

Richmond plays Dayton at home Tuesday (why wasn't that Senior Night?) and then plays at Olean on the 4th.  We are of course 1-1 against Dayton and 0-2 against the Bonnies.

VCU has St. B at home on Tuesday, so that game has implications on final seedings for Top 6.

Bottom line is there is plenty of parameters in play for the current seedings to switch.  We still have a long shot at 4th, but St. Bonnie would have to lose 2 out of 3 while we win out along with some other stuff happening.

-I'm pretty sure the announcers on the Duq-Rhodey game said Rhodey did their Senior celebration today

15 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Not sure if I’d rather go through Dav/Sbu or Day/VCU… 

I prefer St. Bona/Davidson to VCU/Dayton. I think Dayton and VCU are tougher than Davidson. Bona is tough, but another problem with the 6 is right now you would likely get 11 URI on Thursday, whereas the 5 would likely get 12 St. Joe’s. URI has more talent than St. Joe’s unless the Hawks are red hot on 3’s. Also VCU will have a huge fan following in close by DC. 

57 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Haha, I heard that as well. That is next level homer announcing!

I'm a little mystified as to why LaSalle isn't better. There's some decent talent in the starting lineup. Granted, there's no bench but with Moore and the potential for their wings to go off, I can see them getting two wins in the tourney. Not predicting it, but I think in general they've underachieved.

You want to talk dumb ... for the closing two shots for St. Joes to beat or tie the Bonnies, they Joeys went to stud center Ejike Obinna both times.  Obinna was 1 for 7 from the floor and 1 for 6 from the line.  Now that's stoopid.