O.T. Conference Shuffle ( OU and Texas inquire about joining SEC)

BLIKNS

8 hours ago, Pistol said:

Kansas and Iowa State both make a ton of sense in the Big Ten to me.

I don’t know how attractive KU or Iowa St. actually are to the Big 10.

I think the Big Ten would love to add southern schools, but there are really no good options available for them on that front when it comes to institutional match.  Unless, they could pry away someone like Duke, UVA, UNC or even one of the Florida schools from the ACC.  Miami and FSU aren’t AAU members, but they are ranked higher than current Big Ten members and Nebraska is no longer is an AAU member.

The Big Ten already has a school in Iowa and Iowa St. is a Matt Campbell taking a big time job away from becoming irrelevant in football again.  KU’s football program is a traditional mess and both of their revenue programs are currently either under FBI investigation or involved in a scandal involving the cover ups of physical assaults and sexual harassment.

I actually think UConn makes more sense than KU.  

If the Big Ten was smart, they would be working ACC members hard right now and be working Fox to make it financially attractive for those ACC members to jump ship.  The current Big Ten is a conference that will fall behind the other top conferences due to changing demographics.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic