Jump to content

Transfers - 2021


Recommended Posts

6'8"  PF Brison Gresham who played last season at Houston might be a guy we are looking to bring in as a transfer for one of the two remaining spots.  Forte just started following him on Twitter.  Would have one season remaining.  Can be a very effective player, especially on the defensive end, when he can stay out of foul trouble.  Started the first 19 games for Houston last season then went to the bench and saw his minutes cut 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quincy McGriff (Salt Lake CC) and Paul Otieno (Kilgore College) are two names from this past weekend's JUCO Advocate 48 that may be worth monitoring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, brianstl said:

 

I remember him. Started his career at UMass. I still think a backup PG is the biggest need, unless circumstances have changed with one of our bigs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Quincy McGriff (Salt Lake CC) and Paul Otieno (Kilgore College) are two names from this past weekend's JUCO Advocate 48 that may be worth monitoring.

McGriff is a tall point guard. Otieno a big.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

I bet we get that central ark kid.. Then I think we need a big and I am happy about the roster and depth going into the year.

Thoughts on them pursuing him because they don't think Williams is going to get a waiver?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

Thoughts on them pursuing him because they don't think Williams is going to get a waiver?

it's either that or they don't think Williams is a legit PG back up - more of a shooter imo. We need someone to take some pressure of Yuri.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

if that jumper stresses you out, idk how you've watched the bills post ellis/loe

Are you trying to say Reggie Agbeko didn’t have a jump shot??????? That’s blasphemous!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, DeAndre Jones has @saintlouismbb on his Twitter profile, and tweeted a short video about a half hour ago saying he commit, but that tweet has since been deleted. Weird.

E90F4A01-11B7-4B68-9DFF-625D5A97A622.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:
So, DeAndre Jones has @saintlouismbb on his Twitter profile, and tweeted a short video about a half hour ago saying he commit, but that tweet has since been deleted. Weird.

E90F4A01-11B7-4B68-9DFF-625D5A97A622.png

Less than 10 minutes ago, Sean Paul tweeted about DeAndre Jones committing to SLU, then he deleted his tweet. Really weird.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Less than 10 minutes ago, Sean Paul tweeted about DeAndre Jones committing to SLU, then he deleted his tweet. Really weird.

So it definitely feels like it is just a matter of time. I am interested to see how things play out with this roster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like this addition. Another pass-first ball handler and his scoring ability will pressure Yuri to do more scoring of his own. The versatility in lineups that this roster allows for is incredible, regardless of who we play and how they play us we have options to throw at them with a roster that goes a dozen guys deep. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Excellent! Now I can quit beating the drum about the need for depth at PG. This addition makes perfect sense.

Usually Ford's roster additions make sense, trying to fill a need. If he wants to get another big with this last scholarship to help with some front court depth now, fine, but he has solidified the biggest area of need. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

A couple of nice 3s against us. I like that quite a few of the 3s I've seen him make are off the dribble. Some guards are only effective from 3 on the catch and shoot. He'll give us a different look at PG.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would we consider this a Tay Weaver type addition? And I don’t mean that as a slight. I agree with @ACEtgat this fills a need and getting a depth guard like Tay would be excellent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Would we consider this a Tay Weaver type addition? And I don’t mean that as a slight. I agree with @ACEtgat this fills a need and getting a depth guard like Tay would be excellent.

From the tape I've watched this seems like a perfect comparison. I love that his scoring ability will pressure Yuri to do more of the same, and aside from that he nearly mirrors Yuri's skillset and playing style. 

Pass first, good on the dribble drive, fearless for a little guy. 

 

20 minutes ago, ACE said:

 

A couple of nice 3s against us. I like that quite a few of the 3s I've seen him make are off the dribble. Some guards are only effective from 3 on the catch and shoot. He'll give us a different look at PG.

His ability to shoot off the dribble, get to the rim, and draw defense and pass out of the drive make him a real versatile player. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the event of an injury to Yuri, we would have been in trouble prior to this signing. I think it makes more sense than another big. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...