GDT: Duquesne, Act II

Taj79

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, dlarry said:

If the Refs don’t screw French early Weathers most likely doesn’t go off for a billion. Completely different game from then on.

Agree with this.

One of the fouls was French jumping into 3pt shooter with 1 second left. Refs sucked, but we didn't help. What a $h!tty game to watch. 

Just now, moytoy12 said:

Gonna lose by 20+ at Dayton.  Honestly, not sure we’ll win another game this year.  Maybe La Salle at home.

I said earlier today we're just squeaking by the lower tier teams but the upper tier is coasting to W's over them. We're likely right where we thought we'd be this year. The loss of Fred and Gibson just too much to overcome. 

The fouls were bull****.  In a game where muggings were the norm, two on French and two on Perkins were downright criminal to what was going on and massively affected the outcome.  

But still ...... you jam the middle and who on SLU shoots?  Tay and pray for rain.  I don't know ..... is Weather better than French?  Who do you pick?  Hughes over Bell?  Carry over Goodwin?  Norman over Jacobs?  Austin over Collins?  Perkins over Dunn-Martin?  I like the SLU player in each of those however .......

3 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I said earlier today we're just squeaking by the lower tier teams but the upper tier is coasting to W's over them. We're likely right where we thought we'd be this year. The loss of Fred and Gibson just too much to overcome. 

Yes

18 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

The fouls were bull****.  In a game where muggings were the norm, two on French and two on Perkins were downright criminal to what was going on and massively affected the outcome.  

But still ...... you jam the middle and who on SLU shoots?  Tay and pray for rain.  I don't know ..... is Weather better than French?  Who do you pick?  Hughes over Bell?  Carry over Goodwin?  Norman over Jacobs?  Austin over Collins?  Perkins over Dunn-Martin?  I like the SLU player in each of those however .......

Sorry, but I definitely take Carry over Goodwin. Guy can flat shoot the rock, take you off the dribble and finish, makes his FTs. JGood has strengths but his weaknesses are glaring.

8 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Just spit balling cause I do agree Ford may be getting out coached. But what would you guys do differently 

What specifically would you do differently?  French got in foul trouble and Weathers took advantage.  But remember, even when French wasn't in foul trouble in our last game at Duquesne, Weathers lit him up for 26 ponts.  Carry outclassed our freshman point guard for the 2nd time.  Bad matchups are bad matchups.  Sometimes they go in our favor -- Perkins lighting up the Bonnies, French going for 21 and 24 against Belmont -- and sometimes they go against us. 

We're going to need our team at full strength to handle this bunch.  They've got our number as this year's team is currently configured.

TheChosenOne likes this

2 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

that game was as embarrassing a game as i can remember during the Ford era

We couldn't shoot from anywhere on the floor, couldn't make FTs, got sloppy with the ball, and it seemed like every long rebound went their way. Refs completely sucked. The 4th foul on Perkins ended our chances.

3 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

What specifically would you do differently?  French got in foul trouble and Weathers took advantage.  But remember, even when French wasn't in foul trouble in our last game at Duquesne, Weathers lit him up for 26 ponts.  Carry outclassed our freshman point guard for the 2nd time.  Bad matchups are bad matchups.  Sometimes they go in our favor -- Perkins lighting up the Bonnies, French going for 21 and 24 against Belmont -- and sometimes they go against us. 

We're going to need our team at full strength to handle this bunch.  They've got our number as this year's team is currently configured.

Ya people seem to be calling for Fords head.  I just don't know what people want him to do. Their size was a major issue.  Wish we had Santos.

He tried everything from zones to man to 3/4 court press. Nothing worked.

Just now, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Ya people seem to be calling for Fords head.  I just don't know what people want him to do. Their size was a major issue.  Wish we had Santos 

Our defensive discipline is a joke. half the time we are in a zone, the other team is getting wide open looks from 3. Not calling for Ford’s head, but we’re 23 games into the season and looked absolutely lost on the defensive end. That’s an issue. 

moytoy12 and RiseAndGrind like this

3 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Rammer is making an allusion to talking to Lorentsson and saying he hopes he becomes a Billiken.  Earl responds, "Ya!"

Hope the result shows the young Swede how much the Bills need him.

He has the Rammer and Earl seal of approval. Let's get him signed up.

I tip my cap to the Dukes. They played damn near a perfect game and hammered the Bills. Weathers had another huge game, and Carry hit some bombs in Yuri's face from a couple steps behind the arc. Yes, we took the short end of the officiating, but they did just about everything right and exposed everything the Bills do wrong. 

10 hours ago, slu72 said:

Out of curiosity, what A10 teams do our fans hate the most? For me, it's Davidson and St. B's. I feel we should wax them every game, but we don't. Losing to any opponent hurts, but for some reason losing to these two just ticks me off. 

For me, it's Duquesne, St. Bonaventure, and George Mason.