GDT: Duquesne, Act II

Taj79

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Ight I'll retract that. *People attributing the 2 losses to him being out coached.*

Fair. People have to remember Weaver, Perkins, Yuri, Hargrove & Bell are all first year players in this system. I have no excuse for him playing Hightower. 

Just now, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Apparently they are giving tickets for the game student t shirts now. And you have to bring the ticket to the table after the game. Making them stay for the whole game.

And I may be in the minority, but I hate the student athlete recognition thing every year.

I don't hate any of them, but I'm sick of Duquesne. We have to play that crappy school and program at least twice a year, and struggle against them regardless of record. Now, they've got Dambrot and if he stays, they'll be on a level with Dayton, VCU, and Rhody. Hope he's on someone's short list to rebuild a program.

8 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

In addition to everything else, I’m disappointed in the student turnout.

I’ve never once complained about John Denver at any sporting event but the ten goofs in the student section singing Take Me Home Country Roads while Duquesne was doing what they were doing at the end  (that’s another story) is as bad as a fan move as I’ve ever seen at Chaifetz

Laugh worthy

36 minutes ago, wgstl said:

It does, people need to stop saying “if we beat Dayton tho”.. zero chance. It’ll be ugly 

Only if French gets in foul trouble.  We've matched up pretty well with Dayton for four straight games. 

We've matched up poorly with Duquesne for four straight games.  If Isabell doesn't go off for 39 last year, we'd be 0-4 against this bunch.  Their size and shotblocking gives us that much trouble.  Stop looking at the rankings and look at the matchups.

TheChosenOne and Littlebill like this

3 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Only if French gets in foul trouble.  We've matched up pretty well with Dayton for four straight games. 

We've matched up poorly with Duquesne for four straight games.  If Isabell doesn't go off for 39 last year, we'd be 0-4 against this bunch.  Their size and shotblocking gives us that much trouble.  Stop looking at the rankings and look at the matchups.

If we can’t beat the Dukes on the reg we have a hugely flawed system. 

3 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

This is more than just those two teams. Yes we don’t match up well with the dukes. But the talent gap with Dayton adds to the match up.