Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
BillsBeliever!!!

Javon Bess ——> New Orleans

Recommended Posts

On 10/10/2019 at 5:44 PM, RiseAndGrind said:

Javon going make it as a 3 and D guy eventually 

I’ve always thought that JB could be an Iguodala type in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm at today's game a Pelicans vs Spurs.  Bess isn't out shooting yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many dudes on the bench that 5 are sitting on the floor.  JB is one of them on the floor but so is Jaxon Hayes so I'm not reading into it.  He's wearing some sweet electric blue kicks can't tell the brand from my $10 seat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes left Bess in the game. Guarding  K. Johnson

 

Touched the ball once his pass was deflected.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bess waived by New Orleans.

Maybe not the outcome we were hoping for; but not necessarily surprising,

I don’t look at this as a setback. Javon got a lot of experience playing with the highest caliber league in the world.

This isn’t the end for him. I KNOW he’s going to have a good pro career one way or the other.

I BELIEVE he’ll get another shot to make an NBA roster.

I HOPE one day we’re watching him as part of the Christmas Day marquee matchup games.

Good luck wherever you go from here Javon. Billiken Nation is, and always will be, pulling for you.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/javon-bess-waived-by-pelicans/amp/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, philliken said:

Bess waived by New Orleans.

Maybe not the outcome we were hoping for; but not necessarily surprising,

I don’t look at this as a setback. Javon got a lot of experience playing with the highest caliber league in the world.

This isn’t the end for him. I KNOW he’s going to have a good pro career one way or the other.

I BELIEVE he’ll get another shot to make an NBA roster.

I HOPE one day we’re watching him as part of the Christmas Day marquee matchup games.

Good luck wherever you go from here Javon. Billiken Nation is, and always will be, pulling for you.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/javon-bess-waived-by-pelicans/amp/

What's his best course from here: G league or International? Some NBA teams are missing out on a great competitor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best course of action is G League.  Try to get a callup for this year however unlikely but also to ensure another training camp tryout with a team next season.  If he doesn't make a squad at some point this season or out of training camp next season then time to go to Europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For context, the Pelicans waived all three of their fringe players.  Typically the original NBA club offers a spot on their G League team to such players.  If the player had signed an Exhibit 10 contract, they are eligible for up to a $50K bonus if they play on the G team.  I am unaware if Bess signed an Exhibit 10 or not. 

 
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 8:46 AM, HoosierPal said:

For context, the Pelicans waived all three of their fringe players.  Typically the original NBA club offers a spot on their G League team to such players.  If the player had signed an Exhibit 10 contract, they are eligible for up to a $50K bonus if they play on the G team.  I am unaware if Bess signed an Exhibit 10 or not. 

 
 
 

Bess did sign an Exhibit 10 deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ARon said:

Bess did sign an Exhibit 10 deal.

That's probably good news.  I think the Pelicans G League team is in Erie PA this season, and will relocate to Birmingham AL next season.  I don't think many G teams have started up yet, but look for them to do so in the next few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to Javon Bess, he is going to the Pelican G league team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats JB! Great opportunity. Good to see a Bill one step away. Hopefully he follows the Fred VanVleet path. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bess had 27 points & 5 boards while shooting 7-13 from 3 in the Bayhawks 122-108 loss to Greensboro on Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thetorch said:

Bess had 27 points & 5 boards while shooting 7-13 from 3 in the Bayhawks 122-108 loss to Greensboro on Saturday.

If Bess can shoot like that from 3 pt range consistently, an NBA team will find a spot for him as a 3 and D wing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four/five games into the season, Bess is 7th in the G League in Minutes per Game.  That stat should tell you that the coach of the BayHawks values Javon's presence on the floor.  His scoring average isn't top 50, but the contribution (defense?) is there.

https://stats.gleague.nba.com/leaders/?Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular Season&StatCategory=MIN

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...