GDT vs Pittsburgh in Brooklyn

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Glorydays2013 said:

I’m sure he knows. Not playing him for maybe 10 min would prove a point. It would have been SMART to put him in before he put in 4 freshmen

Unless they made a run with 8 minutes gone, then you'd be claiming he should have only sat him 8 minutes. I don't know why he sat. Maybe it's been shared but I didn't read the entire thread. Do you know?

12 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Isabell... Bess, foreman, kc, and thatch. Next question 

we dont know the story, but obviously isabell was being punished for something he did.   that's on isabell.  

bess had 3 fouls.   foreman, hankton and thatch were in the game.  

you really dont know much about basketball do you?   you should maybe take a year to read and learn.  

1 minute ago, Glorydays2013 said:

None of you hating on Isabell and trying to say there is a good reason our top scorer didn’t play half the game completely forgot the shenanigans under Crews between Majerus’s recruits. They did stuff all the time but at least he was smart enough to play the unsaid player since he was the best 

so you are condoning possible insubordination and violations of team rules?   nice.   arent you in the military?  

33 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

we dont know the story, but obviously isabell was being punished for something he did.   that's on isabell.  

bess had 3 fouls.   foreman, hankton and thatch were in the game.  

you really dont know much about basketball do you?   you should maybe take a year to read and learn.  

I applaude Ford for putting team rules first. Santos left for violating team rules. Isabell sits for violating team rules. The recent history of this program suggests this type of strong leadership is needed. 

This game was lost in the first half when we tried to make a point and it failed. The only lesson Isabell learned is that we need him lol. 

Coaching errors. The second half was a lot better when we played with the normal group 

Exactly so if Isabell did do something he shouldn't of this loss is on him and he will feel that. He let his team down.  That's the point. Someone mentioned him having the flu though and maybe he wasn't going to be needed until Wiley went down. Once Wiley couldn't play maybe Isabell was forced to. Just a thought. Let's not through him under the bus yet.

SLU_Lax likes this

This game was lost in the first half when we tried to make a point and it failed. The only lesson Isabell learned is that we need him lol. 

Coaching errors. The second half was a lot better when we played with the normal group 

seriously i dont believe isabell is that kind of a person.   but if you would be right, imo he would need to hit the road.   that kind of self love over the team good / rules is not needed.   but again, i think you are wrong.  and i pray he learned his lesson today for whatever he did.  

2 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I'd like to be clear on your thoughts. You're saying regardless of what Isabell did sitting him for 10 minutes was the correct or maximum penalty. Am I understanding correctly?

1 minute ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Exactly so if Isabell did do something he shouldn't of this loss is on him and he will feel that. He let his team down.  That's the point. Someone mentioned him having the flu though and maybe he wasn't going to be needed until Wiley went down. Once Wiley couldn't play maybe Isabell was forced to. Just a thought. Let's not through him under the bus yet.

I can agree with that 

Just now, slufanskip said:

I'd like to be clear on your thoughts. You're saying regardless of what Isabell did sitting him for 10 minutes was the correct or maximum penalty. Am I understanding correctly?

Yes. Gordon did something too and didn’t start but played a bit later a few games ago. It was nessesary for him to have a talking to on the sideline before he went I’m so we could avoid 4 freshmen. Isabell in would have helped our foul trouble I believe as well 

Ford was really upset on the postgame show. He went on for awhile about how we are the most physical team in the country in the paint on offense and shot so few freethrows. I have never heard him so pissed about officiating. He obviously wanted it to get back to whoever is in charge of the officials we had today.

The constant bickering with Glory Days is getting old. Just ignore. He used to be just an annoying fan. He has turned into your typical troll.

4 minutes ago, slusam said:

Ford was really upset on the postgame show. He went on for awhile about how we are the most physical team in the country in the paint on offense and shot so few freethrows. I have never heard him so pissed about officiating. He obviously wanted it to get back to whoever is in charge of the officials we had today.

I HATE to lose and I can’t accept losing a game that is not fairly officiated 

billiken_roy likes this

47 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think the play drawn up was for them to feed the ball to French in the high post.  It doesn't matter anyway.  He was on the court and the billikens were in the bonus.  They were going to foul French away from the ball near that point on the clock.

Got to give the Pitt coach and players on that...