Ingvi on live

On 7/15/2018 at 10:37 AM, VeniceMenace said:

Manning could play and had talent for the college level.

What team? Looking at Manning's stats: Average for each year: 0.5, 1.7, 2.5 & 2.0. Reb average for each year: 1.0, 0.6, 1.6 & 1.9. He was 6'11" & don't recall any injury issues. Chris was a nice guy, liked him but he was not D1 material.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

What team? Looking at Manning's stats: Average for each year: 0.5, 1.7, 2.5 & 2.0. Reb average for each year: 1.0, 0.6, 1.6 & 1.9. He was 6'11" & don't recall any injury issues. Chris was a nice guy, liked him but he was not D1 material.

You may have liked “Chris” but I think you mean John Manning.

Yeah, he didn’t have an illustrious college career. He clearly had skill as a big, however, as @David King can attest. Majerus didn’t recruit stiffs. 

David King likes this

2 hours ago, tarheelbilliken said:

Maybe if he had 4 yrs of Majerus level practices it might have been different. Didn't happen. If you mean David King the player from the 80s, his short tenure at SLU was not very good either.

Totally agrre on both counts. 

King needed to get his head in the game.

12 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

You may have liked “Chris” but I think you mean John Manning.

Yeah, he didn’t have an illustrious college career. He clearly had skill as a big, however, as @David King can attest. Majerus didn’t recruit stiffs. 

i disagree.   manning was a stiff.  id like to forget he was a billiken.

2010andBeyond likes this

6 minutes ago, SShoe said:

The worst 4-year big man to play at SLU in my 30+ years of SLU fandom

Gillman and nuefeld were even worse

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Gillman and nuefeld were even worse

neither were 4 year... otherwise jolly would be there. 

best part is jolly, gillman, neufeld and manning could all be nominees as the worst big, and they were all here within 2 years of each other 

Just now, SShoe said:

I'd take Husak over Manning.  At least by his senior year, Husak could hit the 3.

I wouldn't. Manning could at least play defense. Husak routinely got thrown around and abused. Plus, what made Husak worse is that he was here 5 years! Husak had to play a bit his senior year because there was literally no other bigs on that roster Sodie left RM. Manning played on MUCH better teams where playing time was hard to come by. Not saying Manning was good by any means, just think you are underestimating the suckiness of Husak. 

12 minutes ago, ACE said:

I wouldn't. Manning could at least play defense. Husak routinely got thrown around and abused. Plus, what made Husak worse is that he was here 5 years! Husak had to play a bit his senior year because there was literally no other bigs on that roster Sodie left RM. Manning played on MUCH better teams where playing time was hard to come by. Not saying Manning was good by any means, just think you are underestimating the suckiness of Husak. 

In Manning's senior year, he average 2 pts per game in about 15 mpg for an awful team. 2 pts! 

Husak, on the other hand, put up 5.5 ppg., for a .500 team. 

24 minutes ago, SShoe said:

In Manning's senior year, he average 2 pts per game in about 15 mpg for an awful team. 2 pts! 

Husak, on the other hand, put up 5.5 ppg., for a .500 team. 

But that 5.5 was put up in Husak's 5th year!!! At least Manning scored a big basket in a Tourney game and was done in 4 years.