Welcome Terrence Hargrove!

2 minutes ago, almaman said:

all alone first row section toward center court from the team?

Yeah, that's where he was sitting. I also like that I saw Hargrove lingering around the place well after the scrimmage and this exhibition game were over. He seems like he really wants to be there.

Hopefully he and YC make all the games they can, i.e. where there is no conflict with their own games this season.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Yeah, that's where he was sitting. I also like that I saw Hargrove lingering around the place well after the scrimmage and this exhibition game were over. He seems like he really wants to be there.

Hopefully he and YC make all the games they can, i.e. where there is no conflict with their own games this season.

Assume you'll keep us up to speed with seeing the kids play opps when they roll around?

May play each other or in same tournaments?

15 minutes ago, almaman said:

Assume you'll keep us up to speed with seeing the kids play opps when they roll around?

May play each other or in same tournaments?

Yeah, I always keep up with what's going on with our commits/signees.

STLtoday does a good job of posting stats and schedules. They're still incomplete at this point, but here are ESL and St. Mary's:

http://stats.stlhighschoolsports.com/sports/basketballboys/stats/teamschedule.php?t=66&s=746

http://stats.stlhighschoolsports.com/sports/basketballboys/stats/teamschedule.php?t=257&s=746

Jimerson will be a little harder to follow because he plays for Montverde's CBD (Center for Basketball Development) team and not their Varsity team, which gets most of the attention. The difference is that CBD is for fifth-year players (many of whom are international transfers) and can only play other postgraduate prep programs. So I'll do my best but it may be a bit spotty this season.

I'm not aware of anything that will put St. Mary's and ESL head-to-head, but there are plenty of events that will have SLU recruits playing each other.

HS practice starts today.

11 hours ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Can't wait to see a lineup of Collins, Goodwin, Hargrove, Gordon, and French 

no goodwin?

15 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

no goodwin?

Is it too early for me or you Roy because I see Goodwin in the post?

So quailman you didnt like my question above where i asked "no goodwin?"  so obviously you wouldnt have goodwin in that starting lineup?   care to explain?

13 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

So quailman you didnt like my question above where i asked "no goodwin?"  so obviously you wouldnt have goodwin in that starting lineup?   care to explain?

15 hours ago, Spoon-Balls said:

@billiken_roy Your reply to this was "no goodwin?" - every reply since then has been in regard to you missing the word "Goodwin" in his post.

16 hours ago, Taj79 said:

I guess I am dramatically outnumbered then......yes, I expect some defense in a showcase.  Sorry if that is odd.

My initial post included the disclaimer that no one was playing defense. Context is important. This was just a showcase event, not an AAU tournament or HS game or anything like that. I adjust my commentary accordingly; instead of talking about his ballhandling or scoring in traffic or positioning off the ball or defense, I'm drawing attention to his leaping ability, finishing, and evolving jump shot. It's just another look at a committed player. If I post a video from an ESL game this year, defenders aren't going to be laying off him like that.

34 minutes ago, Pistol said:

My initial post included the disclaimer that no one was playing defense. Context is important. This was just a showcase event, not an AAU tournament or HS game or anything like that. I adjust my commentary accordingly; instead of talking about his ballhandling or scoring in traffic or positioning off the ball or defense, I'm drawing attention to his leaping ability, finishing, and evolving jump shot. It's just another look at a committed player. If I post a video from an ESL game this year, defenders aren't going to be laying off him like that.

People are chippy this week. Man. It was a fun video! 

Spoon-Balls and Pistol like this