Austin Gillmann

22 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Is he taking his graduate courses at SLU? If that is the case, would you like the idea of him rejoining the team with the current depth situation?

No and I doubt he would like that idea either. 

10 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Zeke Moore is the one I want back. Tell me we couldn't use a 39% three point shooter (27 of 69), 77% from the line and one who had potential to run the team at point.  And he looked pretty good on top of the 1-3-1 zone.

Agree 100 percent, Zeke and Elliot really improved last season.  Right now I would take Zeke over Graves.

i think Elliot returning is really going to improve our team.  It protects French and JJ if they pick up early fouls.  Elliot has the ability to block shots and play inside as well as stepping back and hitting 3's.

I really like Elliot when protecting a lead taking foul shots. 

30 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Agree 100 percent, Zeke and Elliot really improved last season.  Right now I would take Zeke over Graves.

i think Elliot returning is really going to improve our team.  It protects French and JJ if they pick up early fouls.  Elliot has the ability to block shots and play inside as well as stepping back and hitting 3's.

Don’t let Billiken Roy see this thread praising Crews recruits!!!

CBFan and David King like this

53 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Disagree on Zeke over Graves.  Need a shooting upgrade over Hines desperately at the PG position.

54 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Disagree on Zeke over Graves.  Need a shooting upgrade over Hines desperately at the PG position.

I will take your word on Graves, my response comes from the desperate need for a shooter.

1 hour ago, WVBilliken said:

Hines isn't playing much point guard this year.  He's playing a lot of minutes at shooting guard because of Henriquez being out.  That's why Hines barely has any assists and is jacking up so many perimeter shots, unlike last year.  Zeke would be much better in that role than Hines. 

Now do we also need a backup point guard for Goodwin?  Yes.  But right now nobody is doing even an average job at shooting guard.

23 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Hines isn't playing much point guard this year.  He's playing a lot of minutes at shooting guard because of Henriquez being out.  That's why Hines barely has any assists and is jacking up so many perimeter shots, unlike last year.  Zeke would be much better in that role than Hines. 

Now do we also need a backup point guard for Goodwin?  Yes.  But right now nobody is doing even an average job at shooting guard.

What is Goodwin doing that Hines is not which makes Goodwin a “point guard”? Just curious.

For one, Goodwin is a starter and Hines is not.  Goodwin is our starting point guard.  He doesn't slide over to the shooting guard because Hines comes in the game.  Especially since Goodwin is an even worse outside shooter than Hines is.  

Two, Goodwin is capable of creating shots for himself or for a teammate. Hines's attempt at playmaking in a halfcourt set consists of aimlessly dribbling the ball until someone pops open.  

Three, Goodwin has court vision.  If you're open, he will get you the ball.  That's why he's averaging 4 apg without being an outside shooting threat.  Once Hines makes a move toward the basket that shot is going up, even if it's contested and somebody else has a better shot.

Now we're desperate ----- taking bullshite [dead] recruits just to survive.  You want more guys like Roby and Hines?  How quickly we forget the last three years.

This team is wounded and depleted ---- some of their doing (Welmer) some of our own doing (suspensions).  We have five D1 players right now in French, Goodwin, Bess, Johnson and (maybe) Foreman.  Roby is D1 down around seventh or eighth man.  Anthony never saw the light of day off the Seton Hall bench for a reason.  Hines didn't start at his JUCO.  French and Goodwin make overanxious mistakes which is fine for freshmen (watch Gordon get crucified next year) but because of the lack of depth, depletion takes it toll.  And as aggressive players, fouls make them play tentative and further diminish their skills.  We are where we are due to immature, teenage stupidity.  So it is.  Three highly visible guys keep their d**ks in their pants and none of this happens.

I think the school has botched the suspensions and botched the transparency issue.  But they don't get that situation to botch if ..................... what?  

21 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Now we're desperate ----- taking bullshite [dead] recruits just to survive.  You want more guys like Roby and Hines?  How quickly we forget the last three years.

This team is wounded and depleted ---- some of their doing (Welmer) some of our own doing (suspensions).  We have five D1 players right now in French, Goodwin, Bess, Johnson and (maybe) Foreman.  Roby is D1 down around seventh or eighth man.  Anthony never saw the light of day off the Seton Hall bench for a reason.  Hines didn't start at his JUCO.  French and Goodwin make overanxious mistakes which is fine for freshmen (watch Gordon get crucified next year) but because of the lack of depth, depletion takes it toll.  And as aggressive players, fouls make them play tentative and further diminish their skills.  We are where we are due to immature, teenage stupidity.  So it is.  Three highly visible guys keep their d**ks in their pants and none of this happens.

I think the school has botched the suspensions and botched the transparency issue.  But they don't get that situation to botch if ..................... what?  

How have they botched the suspensions?

Are Title IX investigations supposed to have transparency? What about privacy concerns in such investigations?

36 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

How have they botched the suspensions?

Are Title IX investigations supposed to have transparency? What about privacy concerns in such investigations?

the only privacy that is being upheld is the two lying girls.   everyone knows who the wrongfully accused players are .  

and since they have went past the maximum deadline for the investigation if the title 9 yes, everything is "botched".

make a decision.