GDT: SLU vs. WMU - Busting the Broncos

Pistol

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I was at the game and my thinking is that we were losing but not badly up to the time when French came out and went to the back with the trainer. Does anyone know what happened to French? Is he injured? After French left the lead in favor of W Mich increased rapidly. 

10-0 run after French came out after his made free throw went from 40-37 to 50-37 about 4 minutes.

I do believe this team can be great once all back AD can shoot the 3 bishops a playmaker we need welmers a strech pf who can shoot the 3 and play defense ty graves looks like a Tasmanian devil who has speed can dunk and shoot the 3 all this opens the floor for our guys to do what they do Bess can drive again we can work in the post 1 on 1 Goodwin can drive to the rim without 4 guys jumping on him and we can finally play to our tempo fast high flying 3 shooting monsters I’m still drinking the dripping kool aid come on bills 

Im just going to wonder of they are not coming back until conference play. Thats would mean after the around 10 day break we would have 4 extra players with AD, Bishop, Welmer, and Graves coming back or being able to play for the first time. That would be a huge advantage over most A10 teams. It would give us a deeper, more rested lineup, and would help us a lot in conference play. 

Now i know we don't know when they will return, but thats just a guess because of how it's played out so far.

Wed probably finish top 4 in the A10 and could win the A10 tourney to get in even with our terrible noncon resume.

Optimism  

1 minute ago, eee123 said:

A Travis Ford team is never going to win without an overwhelming advantage in talent. This was understood when he was hired, no?

I don't know that we were head and shoulders above va tech in the talent dept..

Seems like a lot of trolls are crawling out of the woodwork these days

2 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I don't know that we were head and shoulders above va tech in the talent dept..

Seems like a lot of trolls are crawling out of the woodwork these days

There are exceptions to every rule. You can't cite one game vs. Travis Ford's whole career.

2 minutes ago, eee123 said:

There are exceptions to every rule. You can't cite one game vs. Travis Ford's whole career.

That is true.  Based on his time at SLU he's helped more than hindered as a game day coach in my estimation. Prior to now he coached in some trumped up self important conference I couldn't care less about.........

1 hour ago, RyGuyBilliken said:

Imagine if your son was accused of something or your daughter was an accuser, would you want information leaking before the investigation was complete.

Unfortunately, this logic also doesn't apply. There has been no protection of privacy. Because of the public nature of these players, once they did not show up for the exhibition game everybody knew their identities. Furthermore, if what I have heard is true, I would want every bit of information publicized in order to clear their names.

Clearly some SLU officials feel that there is no reason to believe the players committed a crime or engaged in an egregious violation of student conduct rules because they were allowed to travel with the team to New York. Furthermore, they have been allowed to practice with the team the entire time. If the players did something wrong, then announce their punishment and move on. If the players were falsely accused, let them play. By letting them participate in certain team activities and not others (mainly the public events), the university is once again displaying a supreme level of incompetence and inconsistency.

5 minutes ago, SouthSide_Billiken said:

Unfortunately, this logic also doesn't apply. There has been no protection of privacy. Because of the public nature of these players, once they did not show up for the exhibition game everybody knew their identities. Furthermore, if what I have heard is true, I would want every bit of information publicized in order to clear their names.

Clearly some SLU officials feel that there is no reason to believe the players committed a crime or engaged in an egregious violation of student conduct rules because they were allowed to travel with the team to New York. Furthermore, they have been allowed to practice with the team the entire time. If the players did something wrong, then announce their punishment and move on. If the players were falsely accused, let them play. By letting them participate in certain team activities and not others (mainly the public events), the university is once again displaying a supreme level of incompetence and inconsistency.

Why can they travel to NYC, practice, but can't be in the building to attend games at Chaifetz? Explain that one. 

56 minutes ago, SouthSide_Billiken said:

+10000 (out of reactions)

1 hour ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

When I am allowed to play, I will be the only one on the team able to hit a jump shot. I am going to eat (score a lot of points)

2 hours ago, RyGuyBilliken said:

Your post is incredibly naive. If the players are innocent, they will rejoin the team when the investigation is complete. But if the players are guilty, and they've been playing all this time, you've got a Baylor situation on your hands. There's. I reason to make a bad situation worse.

If the players are guilty, then the administration, and STLPD, just let them roam (prowl) around campus for an extra two months (and counting). In what world does that make sense. It doesn’t make it look better because we haven’t let them in the actual basketball games, which would become trivial 

6 hours ago, RyGuyBilliken said:

Why is no one talking about Travis Ford's performance as a Coach? Yes we lack depth and yes we can't shoot but Travis Fire is not helping at all. We lost the Detroit Mercy game because he insisted on playing that trap zone for 3/4 of the game, just inviting them to take as many open 3's as they wanted. And if you watched the game tonight, we essentially didn't run an offense. Our offense consisted of switching the ball around the perimeter for 20 seconds followed by a bad 3-point shot or someone driving into 4 defenders. It's just bad coaching. I'm not saying that everything is Ford's fault, but he certainly isn't helping things!

THIS! a couple of plays on the baseline then ZIP