GDT: SLU vs. WMU - Busting the Broncos

Pistol

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Broncos go 10 to 11 deep, with 8 getting the heavy minutes.  Senior Guard Thomas Wilder is averaging just under 20 per game.  He is hitting 50% from the field, but only 28% from the arc.  That leads to the assumption that he does a lot of damage on dribble penetration or mid range jumpers.  He has gotten to the line 7+ times a game, again suggesting dribble penetration.  He's 77% from the line.

Western Michigan has the rather unique result of losing to South Carolina twice this season already, with the two games played 6 days apart earlier this month.  One was in a tourney and the other at Columbia SC.  

Wilder is the presumptive player of the year in the MAC this year.  Don't let the mediocre shooting from three-point range this year fool you.  He shot them at over a 44% clip last year.  They also have a couple sophs (Jones & Johnson) that have yet to break out this year.  I haven't heard which two of their players are inactive tonight, but it wouldn't bother me if one of them was their 7-0 center, Dugan.

Go Bills, beat the Broncos!

2 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Between S2.0 and the loss to Detroit I have really lost enthusiasm quickly.  I need to get my sh1t together. 

Yeah I had about one day where I thought I was missing out by not getting tickets to the Butler game and then we played Providence and was reminded that next year is the year to travel for road games with the Bills

S2 players were not on the court practicing.  This will be more exciting than it should be.

6 people other than us in there seats.

Why are the players names in white letters with a white background on the monitor, who came up with that brilliant color scheme?

Lots of missed shots and the ball handling is pretty sloppy.

Nice to see Goodwin with a couple baskets early.