2017-2018 Schedule

This A10 schedule is about as bad as it gets for me in terms of road games. Dayton, Duquesne, Davidson, and Bonaventure are all weeknights. I was planning on trying to get to as many of those four as possible, but now Dayton is probably going to be the only one, and I'm going to have to sit in rush hour traffic on my way up there.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/6/2017 at 2:26 PM, kwyjibo said:

The 2K NYC MSG games are on ESPN2.

Which I expect might have one of the worse announcing teams ever.  The first two weeks of college football have been awful on ESPN networks.  Mike Golic Jr. has no business being in the broadcast both for a game.  He might be the worst color guy ever.  I seriously want to take a baseball bat to his head. The cuts at ESPN have killed the quality of broadcast crews.

On 9/9/2017 at 7:20 PM, brianstl said:

Which I expect might have one of the worse announcing teams ever.  The first two weeks of college football have been awful on ESPN networks.  Mike Golic Jr. has no business being in the broadcast both for a game.  He might be the worst color guy ever.  I seriously want to take a baseball bat to his head. The cuts at ESPN have killed the quality of broadcast crews.

He is a good example of when who you know trumps what you know.  I agree he leaves a lot to be desired.

I get two Saturday games out here --- at La Salle and at Mason.  Both beta the hell out of trying to get out of work in time to jump into East Coast rush-hour traffic and make it to tip off.  I barely made mason two years ago.  So even if they are afternoon games, it allows me time to get their either way for some city fun in both cases.  St. Joe's is a Wednesday and will work as it has before.  There I know the back way in and the side streets. 

Not going to Dayton on a Tuesday.  Not going to Duquesne on a Wednesday.

Harris-Stowe's court looks like GeeDubya's.  About the only decent thing in the Smith Center.

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

For anyone who is planning on going to the Butler game, get your hotel rooms booked now.  That is the same day as the Big10 Championship game at Lucas Oil Field.

Ya we're staying over by the airport.  17 min to butler and 11 min to downtown bars. Cheap as hell over there

On 9/11/2017 at 2:23 PM, Box and Won said:

No one wants to play at the Hornets' Nest.

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

For anyone who is planning on going to the Butler game, get your hotel rooms booked now.  That is the same day as the Big10 Championship game at Lucas Oil Field.

Has our ticket office announced anything about buying tickets in a SLU section or has Butler even announced how to buy tickets from them?

4 minutes ago, almaman said:

Another ? to add to the above unanswered about difficulty of getting home tics to a BU game, why do they already know times and media info for all their games when we are mainly in TBAlvania for times andjust a little tv info?

-look at their conf and its tv contracts versus ours

15 minutes ago, almaman said:

Another ? to add to the above unanswered about difficulty of getting home tics to a BU game, why do they already know times and media info for all their games when we are mainly in TBAlvania for times andjust a little tv info?

I remember that our game at Hinkle last time wasn't nearly a sellout. Should be a relatively easy ticket to get.