Injury updates 2017

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, slubillikens43 said:

From my view at the game it didn't even look that bad imo. It just looked like he sort of rolled his ankle when a Richmond guy was cutting back door. I was kind of surprised that he didn't return.

Same.  The fact that he didn’t come back is a little concerning.  We’re really screwed without him so hopefully he’s back soon.

38 minutes ago, almaman said:

But u 2 saw the actual play? on my rewind camera only catches his legs a second after landing. Did he go straight to locker room? own power? which leg? 

I'll take my answers on my over used couch.

He was limping off the court. On his own, putting weight on his injured leg. I can’t remember which leg

1 hour ago, almaman said:

But u 2 saw the actual play? on my rewind camera only catches his legs a second after landing. Did he go straight to locker room? own power? which leg? 

I'll take my answers on my over used couch.

He actually brought the ball up court and made a pass, but when play stopped he asked to come out.

1 hour ago, willie said:

It bothers me that he didn’t come back and sit on the bench. 

This is a ridiculous take.

The training staff were very likely taking medical precautions. The trainers and strength coaches are the only part of SLU athletics I have 100% confidence in. He was tweeting about the game from the locker room, clearly watching it, you don't think he wanted to be out there? Trainers were likely icing it and putting supports on. The quicker they can get the swelling under control, the faster it heals. You don't have to be a SLU PT grad to know that. 

25 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

The training staff were very likely taking medical precautions. The trainers and strength coaches are the only part of SLU athletics I have 100% confidence in. He was tweeting about the game from the locker room, clearly watching it, you don't think he wanted to be out there? Trainers were likely icing it and putting supports on. The quicker they can get the swelling under control, the faster it heals. You don't have to be a SLU PT grad to know that. 

I took his statement to mean he was worried that it was more than just a rolled ackle bc he wasn't back on the bench. But I could be wrong. 

24 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

I didn’t make my point very clear. My bothering is I feared the injury was serious. Maybe he went for x rays . If it wasn’t serious maybe he’d watch even if he couldn’t play. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

I didn’t make my point very clear. My bothering is I feared the injury was serious. Maybe he went for x rays . If it wasn’t serious maybe he’d watch even if he couldn’t play. 

I would be surprised that the training room does not have access to a portable X ray machine.

4 hours ago, prebilliken said:

As a PT, I can tell you that I'm always surprised how many players roll an ankle then come sit on the bench even though they can't play. That's the worst thing you can do. Using ice, compression, elevation, and possibly some early electrical stimulation to move the swelling out of the area is the best course of action. It's amazing how much swelling can be controlled in the first two hours after injury if these steps are taken. Hopefully, our training staff was providing JG the right kind of treatment instead of what looks to me like the careless treatment that some players receive.

12 hours ago, billikenbill said:

As a PT, I can tell you that I'm always surprised how many players roll an ankle then come sit on the bench even though they can't play. That's the worst thing you can do. Using ice, compression, elevation, and possibly some early electrical stimulation to move the swelling out of the area is the best course of action. It's amazing how much swelling can be controlled in the first two hours after injury if these steps are taken. Hopefully, our training staff was providing JG the right kind of treatment instead of what looks to me like the careless treatment that some players receive.

Excellent post.

18 hours ago, willie said:

My B. Apologies for clapping back. 

Has anyone heard anything? Seen any indication of when we might get more details here?

This seems like it should be the biggest story of the Richmond game, and there's just nothing out there, from what I can find.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

Has anyone heard anything? Seen any indication of when we might get more details here?

This seems like it should be the biggest story of the Richmond game, and there's just nothing out there, from what I can find.

No, just tried digging.  

Im hoping theres no news because it was all just a precaution, and thats it. 

But based on how everything has gone this season, hes out all year.