Coaching movement that might affect SLU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tOSU has offered McDermott the job as HC.  I'll be happy to see Creighton scramble to fill their head coaching position this late in the offseason.  At this point STLHI may get an interview there.

1 minute ago, thetorch said:

tOSU has offered McDermott the job as HC.  I'll be happy to see Creighton scramble to fill their head coaching position this late in the offseason.  At this point STLHI may get an interview there.

I think tOSU should go for M Porter Sr..  I hear he has an inside track to a couple of really good players

8 hours ago, bauman said:

I think tOSU should go for M Porter Sr..  I hear he has an inside track to a couple of really good players

I am sure Chris Hariman, whitesell, Porter, Diener, Bonner are all in the running like they are each time here?

9 hours ago, thetorch said:

You would think that his Iowa St. experience might give McDemott pause here. Plus, you would think the Buckeyes would want someone with a better tournament track record.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

You would think that his Iowa St. experience might give McDemott pause here. Plus, you would think the Buckeyes would want someone with a better tournament track record.

They probably do want someone better, but this timing kind of ties their hands. Beggars can't be choosers.

I'll be curious to see where Creighton goes from here. They stand on a knife's edge as a program with this hire. Granted they are in the Big East now so it opens up a lot more options for them. 

Regardless of how McDermott did at Iowa State, he would be crazy to not take this job. 

8 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

I'll be curious to see where Creighton goes from here. They stand on a knife's edge as a program with this hire. Granted they are in the Big East now so it opens up a lot more options for them. 

Regardless of how McDermott did at Iowa State, he would be crazy to not take this job. 

That depends on how much more they are going to pay him than Creighton.

It has been reported that Ohio St owes Matta close to a $9 million buyout.

On 6/5/2017 at 1:34 PM, HoosierPal said:

WOW. Why now?  

UPDATE:  AD Smith indicated it was due to bad recruiting.  The usual suspects mentioned as possible replacements, adding Donovan and Marshal to the list above.

University of Florida North Campus with Urban and Billy the Kid coming into the fold possibly... ugh.

4 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Greg McDermott already earns more than 99.99% of people in the United States and enjoys being a big fish in a small pond.  He does not have to work 80 hours a week to get the job done in Omaha.  It really is a nice life.

This. Plus, he has already failed at a large state school. He has the perfect job for his ability and desires at this point in his career.

4 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Greg McDermott already earns more than 99.99% of people in the United States and enjoys being a big fish in a small pond.  He does not have to work 80 hours a week to get the job done in Omaha.  It really is a nice life.

Omaha is a nice mid-sized city and he's got a good gig.  They are second only to Nebraska football in the state and he's the show in Omaha. I wouldn't be at all surprised if his wife played a big part in the decision. 

1 hour ago, For-DaLove said:

This. Plus, he has already failed at a large state school. He has the perfect job for his ability and desires at this point in his career.

Ha I forgot he already failed at IAST. I get that Creighton is a cushy gig and he's rich, but it's rare to see any coach turn down a clear upgrade like this. Props for knowing your limitations I guess