Coaching movement that might affect SLU

Micah Shrewsberry, former Purdue (Painter) and Butler (Stevens) assistant, and current Celtics (Stevens) assistant, had his second interview and is the leading candidate (no public offer yet).  They have also talked to Seth Greenberg.  So they can have a smart guy or Greenberg.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, kwyjibo said:

Micah Shrewsberry, former Purdue (Painter) and Butler (Stevens) assistant, and current Celtics (Stevens) assistant, had his second interview and is the leading candidate (no public offer yet).  They have also talked to Seth Greenberg.  So they can have a smart guy or Greenberg.

For Umass

Interesting that Mike Lewis had asked for a scholarship release and is now "rethinking" it.

There are a lot of schools in the A10 where coaches go to die.  Duquesne is one of them.  going to be interesting to se how they doctor up the Convention Center for two years of the Dukes playing there.  Guess PPG Arena too big?

9 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Chattanooga HC Matt McCall is considered the current front-runner for the UMass job, per Jeff Goodwin. McCall has a 48-18 record since taking over for Will Wade two seasons ago. Before that, he was a student manager turned assistant under Billy Donovan at Florida. 

Did they offer to Shrewsberry?  He had a second interview, per the Boston Globe.

12 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Chattanooga HC Matt McCall is considered the current front-runner for the UMass job, per Jeff Goodwin. McCall has a 48-18 record since taking over for Will Wade two seasons ago. Before that, he was a student manager turned assistant under Billy Donovan at Florida. 

UTC's top three 3 scorers are all graduating.  They were recruited by the previous two coaches.  If I was McCall, I'd be trying to get the hell out of there too.

1 minute ago, Cowboy said:

-didn't UMass have a deal is imminent once already in this search? I wouldn't post anything until there is at least a news conference introducing the coach

Yeah, Kelsey bailed on them an hour before his press conference.  I agree, for UMass, I'd wait until the ink was dry and the Presser history.

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

Yeah, Kelsey bailed on them an hour before his press conference.  I agree, for UMass, I'd wait until the ink was dry and the Presser history.

Ha, take it fwiw. Also, the ink WAS dry in Kelsey's case. He's gonna owe them some coin for his reneging ($1M ish), which is why I assumed he had backed out for another job... but who knows https://www.google.com/amp/amp.masslive.com/v1/articles/20377086/umass_ad_ryan_bamford_pat_kels.amp

17 minutes ago, brianstl said:

This is going to end badly for the tigers.  Tons of people are going to be looking at the Tigers for their payday now.

The PD says MPJr is trying to recruit Kevin Knox (#7 USA) to Missouri.  I wonder how much he wants and where that money will come from.  I'd say if he doesn't ask for a cool million, he has no confidence in himself.

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

The PD says MPJr is trying to recruit Kevin Knox (#7 USA) to Missouri.  I wonder how much he wants and where that money will come from.  I'd say if he doesn't ask for a cool million, he has no confidence in himself.

Mizzu right now is exactly what would have happened to SLU last year if we had Ford earlier and he got Tatum