Coaching movement that might affect SLU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Glorydays will let us know. He is connected 

Not to these guys. But lets see your connections to the recruiting world that are relevant. Y'all go off on me from what I hear from the family of recruits and you just sit back critiquing because it doesn't sound like something you like. 

15 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Not to these guys. But lets see your connections to the recruiting world that are relevant. Y'all go off on me from what I hear from the family of recruits and you just sit back critiquing because it doesn't sound like something you like. 

Usually people with real connections don't come here and flaunt how much they are clued in. Honestly most of the inside information I've gotten from this board is in the private messages. Probably because if they shared it on the board the information would dry up. 

15 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Usually people with real connections don't come here and flaunt how much they are clued in. Honestly most of the inside information I've gotten from this board is in the private messages. Probably because if they shared it on the board the information would dry up. 

What I said was old news, with no chance of coming back again. Had to correct people from saying wrong information leading to false hope for people on here

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Dude, he's got first hand information from family of recruits. Not even 3rd party!!

3 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Relevant? Relevant to what? None of this has anything to do with Marquette.

I haven't heard much on the Illini side, at least nothing more than the random rumor that everyone else has heard.  Whitman really is keeping this one close to the chest, nothing credible has been leaked at least.  It seems we are pressing hard for Tony Bennett and possibly Archie Miller/Kevin Keatts but Bryce Drew may very well be the fallback option.  

Indiana certainly made the search even more interesting.  I think the whole Martin/Porter/Mizzou deal has been in play since Anderson was let go.  I think Martin may have gauged interest with us or vice versa but we were not about to pay that kind of money and he wasn't at the top of our list so he jumped on the deal before he got left standing in the cold.  I think Martin is overrated as a coach and Mizzou paid way too much.  Once he stays in one place for more than a few years people will see he is just another recruiter that can't coach, then he will start losing the recruits.  

That being said, he is a good recruiter and STL is gonna be a battle for recruits between them, you guys, and us. As far as Jamal Walker possibly leaving to join CM, idk, it could happen.  But I would think even if he did go there, you guys would have the best chance of landing Tilmon if he wants out.  I know he is close with walker, but he had no relationship whatsoever with mizzery or CM.  I have a feeling that Walker is going to wait around and see what the new coach has to say, and Whitman is most likely doing everything he can to guarantee the new coach keeps him on staff to keep this class intact.  

52 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I'm worried right now that Tate will leave to join Martin at Mizzou.  If that happens, then bye-bye Gordon.

If Martin's AC staff at Mizzou winds up being Porter, Tate, and Walker, we may lose some recruits, but I highly doubt they do much with all of the talent.  Someone has to actually coach, right?

59 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I'm worried right now that Tate will leave to join Martin at Mizzou.  If that happens, then bye-bye Gordon.

Why would they want him back?... the SPUMAC fans trashed him when he left and told us he was not good at interviews.

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

What makes you worried? People in sports are competitive people. He might find it more enjoyable to beat Mizzou than join them.

4 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Mizzou ends up with

Tilmon, Mark Smith, and both Porters as there class next year. It's going to happen I know it...

AGAIN FUOK MIZZOU

This is Mizzou you are talking about.  Nothing has worked at that well for them on the basketball side in over 20 years.  They may end up with some nice players, but you can be sure it will followed by an NCAA investigation.

23 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Mizzou ends up with

Tilmon, Mark Smith, and both Porters as there class next year. It's going to happen I know it...

AGAIN FUOK MIZZOU

They already have a 4 star commit so I believe 2 open scholarships.  That could be for both Porters unless they have transfers.  However, they are also in APR issues I read so I'm not sure how many transfers or what it would take to push them under the limit and be post season ineligible but that's also something they need to pay attention to.