Coach B

Overall: 331-234 .586 

Conference Titles 1 reg 1 tournament 

NCAA tournaments 6/17 years

Coach C

391-283 .580

Conference Titles 3 regular 2 tournament

ncaa tournament 7/21 years

Congratulations SPUMAC, you hired a guy that has a resume good enough to get him fired from p5 conference teams! 

Coach A should actually be 2/9 on NCAA tournaments.

U of I should just restrict him from going to schools that oppose them in the braggin rights game. That would solve it. Don't cut off all of Missouri ;)

Edit: Post above mine details coaches not being able to restrict in event of firing. Message useless now. 

18 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

So how does one handle it when the two teams are fighting for an in state recruit? Example: JTil?

Seldom has that happened in my time as a big fan of both (candidly grew up a passionate Mizzou fan and casual SLU fan, but that changed when I went to SLU and worked for the team). I guess if they are in a recruiting battle I would be good with the recruit going to either school. I think most people have two college teams they pull for, the program they grew up a fan of and the school or schools they attended.

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

Tate>Porter Sr

Agree.  I doubt it's even close when it comes to St. Louis recruiting.  Let's not forget to that SLU should have Goodwin for 4 years.  Everything we have heard about him is kids enjoy playing with him because he is driven to win.  He could also be very helpful in recruiting over the next few years compared to the 1 and done Porter.  

Look if porter goes to mizzou, mizzou will literally be the exact same as Lsu was with Simmons. Also recruiting to Cal has to be a lot easier than Mizzou. Also ACE Tilmon and Goodwin aren't as good of friends as you think. During that time Tilmon didn't sign for Illinois, he was thinking of SLU, but then Goodwin started talking s hit about being Mr Illinois so he went to Illinois. 

Just now, Glorydays2013 said:

Look if porter goes to mizzou, mizzou will literally be the exact same as Lsu was with Simmons. Also recruiting to Cal has to be a lot easier than Mizzou. Also ACE Tilmon and Goodwin aren't as good of friends as you think. During that time Tilmon didn't sign for Illinois, he was thinking of SLU, but then Goodwin started talking s hit about being Mr Illinois so he went to Illinois. 

I love the internet. 

1 minute ago, Glorydays2013 said:

What is this narrative...

Given how fast all of this went down, I have a hard time believing that Martin, as coach of California, didn't call Porter Sr., offer him a crap-load of cash as an assistant at Mizzou, and then let Sterk know that it was a go. Basically, the Porters made it known that they weren'g coming to Washington and that is what got Romar fired. So the next time I hear that Cuonzo is a man of great integrity I'm going to puke a little in my mouth.

This is a bit of an aside but the rule that allows teams to hire parents as assistant coaches is one of the most f'd up rules in college basketball. You can't pay a kid a single $ to attend your school but you can pay his dad as much as you want? Sure that makes sense. An easy fix on something like that would be the dad having to be on staff 3 years prior to the arrival of any player.

15 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Coach A

Overall : 186-121 .606

Conference Titles: 1 reg 0 tournament

NCAA Tournaments : 2/7 years

Coach B

Overall: 331-234 .586 

Conference Titles 1 reg 1 tournament 

NCAA tournaments 6/17 years

Coach C

391-283 .580

Conference Titles 3 regular 2 tournament

ncaa tournament 7/21 years

Congratulations SPUMAC, you hired a guy that has a resume good enough to get him fired from p5 conference teams! 

I know Coach A is Cuonzo, and Coach C is Romar. Who is Coach B?

A few other comments on Mizzou's hire of Martin:

As strange as this sounds, at the same time this is a great hire for Mizzou and a bit of a headscratcher. In the now, it's a great hire because Mizzou had fallen really far and they desperately need someone to come in and make people excited about Mizzou basketball again. Cuonzo does that. He's a recognized name, and the people from St. Louis will fall all over themselves since he's from the area. The rumored recruiting uptick (aka the Porter brothers) will make the on-court product better. Add in that Martin is a guy who appears to be a top-notch individual who will only represent the university well, and it looks like Mizzou hit a home run...

Until you look at some other factors. While he hasn't been bad at any of his stops, he hasn't been great. The contract he's getting is staggering. I've definitely seen some people in sports media that seem to question why Cuonzo is such a hot commodity. His greatest coaching success came in the 2014 NCAA Tournament, where he made the Sweet 16 with Tennessee after beating the Chaz Williams UMASS team and then being gifted with Duke losing to a 14 seed. Not like he went through Murderer's Row.

That said, from a recruiting standpoint, this makes things a little more difficult for SLU. To be fair, it was pretty likely that anyone Mizzou hired was going to be a more formidable recruiting foe than Kim Anderson. Just as I didn't expect SLU to be able to sign every good player in St. Louis/MO, I don't expect Mizzou to sign every good player in Missouri. If we have a tourney team often enough, we'll get our share of recruits.   

4 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I have read some ridiculous stuff on this board and for the most part I bite my tongue (keeping my hands off of the keyboard) but this has to be one of the most crazy things I have ever read here! There is so much absolutely false reporting of supposed "facts" that I know personally are just garbage--it makes me want to quit reading. Can I ask people to stop posting unverified opinions of what might have happened as fact? go Bills!

23 minutes ago, Billikenswin said:

I have read some ridiculous stuff on this board and for the most part I bite my tongue (keeping my hands off of the keyboard) but this has to be one of the most crazy things I have ever read here! There is so much absolutely false reporting of supposed "facts" that I know personally are just garbage--it makes me want to quit reading. Can I ask people to stop posting unverified opinions of what might have happened as fact? go Bills!

That's what I've heard from people close to the recruits. Y'all think that just because I'm younger doesn't mean I don't have more inside info from friends in the families. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't true. 

9 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

That's what I've heard from people close to the recruits. Y'all think that just because I'm younger doesn't mean I don't have more inside info from friends in the families. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't true. 

You've mentioned that. It wasn't impressive the first time...I also tried to explain to you that it takes time and proof to build credibility here.