Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Haha, haven't they missed out on two of their big time targets recently? Terrence Shannon yesterday and Kahlil Whitney last week. Can someone check on Roy?

I'm not sure if these other guys were priorities, but they also missed out on Victor Iwuakor, Damion Baugh, James Bouknight (I know some Illini fans expected to be on his list), Mario McKinney, Patrick Williams, and Donovan Williams.

I know SLU has also not been on any lists so far, but none were expected except maybe Shannon.

oh well.   we should have been on that list imo.  squandered opportunity when we didnt go after him hard initially.   now i just lost my enthusiasm to follow belleville west this year.  

No surprises, but there are others that could've been included and not been a surprise, like Florida, Northwestern, and SLU. Anyway, it looks like those bluebloods didn't come through for him in the end.

11 minutes ago, QUAILMAN said:

EJ Liddell top 5: OSU, Mizzou, Illinois, Wisconsin, K State.

Sad face.

EJ Liddell’s top 5 or list of annually mediocre midwest mid level P5 programs? Really disappointed for him. Go to OSU, at least the football team is good there. 

Just now, JMM28 said:

EJ Liddell’s top 5 or list of annually mediocre midwest mid level P5 programs? Really disappointed for him. Go to OSU, at least the football team is good there. 

You might want to avoid the last month's worth of college football news.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Normally I would agree, but Weber and Lowery are getting a little too successful coming into St. Louis.

If he goes with OSU, which seemed to be the favorite all along, I'm fine with that. Wisconsin, too.

21 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Ya least Ohio St and Wisconsin have been high level teams at some point in the last decade. Can’t say the same for the others

27 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Normally I would agree, but Weber and Lowery are getting a little too successful coming into St. Louis.

I trust Travis, so I would like this to happen so that Illinois fans literally explode. 

Maybe I will stop being lazy and go through @Pistol's list and figure out our top targets. Seems like except for Hargrove (big carve out there) our highest ranked targets are dropping SLU. Need to figure out who SLU is focusing on. 

5 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

My bet is Wisconsin. Illinois shot themselves with mark smith in the area. Mizzou is possible but I hope not. Kstate could be a surprise. 

2019 will be the most challenging recruiting year for Ford. Goodwin, French and Gordon will all be testing the NBA waters this year

if any of the four are draft worthy i will be shocked.   they may in the future progress to that point but i doubt they are nba ready at this point.   

slufanskip and Littlebill like this

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

if any of the four are draft worthy i will be shocked.   they may in the future progress to that point but i doubt they are nba ready at this point.   

I don't see them testing the NBA waters this year. Now if Gordon goes off big time an shows he's a threat from outside he might give it a shot. 

17 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I don't see them testing the NBA waters this year. Now if Gordon goes off big time an shows he's a threat from outside he might give it a shot. 

You can test the waters and get feedback then choose to hire an agent or not. If the feedback is good I don’t see why they wouldn’t. If Goodwin has a sophomore year like Smart I wouldn’t be surprised 

23 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Why not?  It is pretty easy, and painless, to 'test the waters'.  I'd say it is probable that one to three of them find out what the NBA has to say about their games. 

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

You can test the waters and get feedback then choose to hire an agent or not. If the feedback is good I don’t see why they wouldn’t. If Goodwin has a sophomore year like Smart I wouldn’t be surprised 

Smart was a Mcdonald's AA playing in the Big 12

French is a 6-7 Center