A-10 Play-In Game Day Thread: SLU v. George Mason

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RA, MC, And JB the 3 guys we seem to think are the main 3 for next year 20 points, 3 of the 4 sophs who looked good as freshman who have been written off here 49 points. strange season.

But where is the consistency? Been like this all season. Guys steps up then disappear.

RA, MC, And JB the 3 guys we seem to think are the main 3 for next year 20 points, 3 of the 4 sophs who looked good as freshman who have been written off here 49 points. strange season.

Two of the Sophomores had really good games and that is great because the core of Crawford, Agbeko, Bishop, and Ash need help. I have been critical of the sophomore class and I hope for better play with that class with a new coach.

Talking with an older gentleman at the game, and while cringing at the thought of winning the whole tournament (lol), he assured me even if that were to happen, Crews would still be on his way out. He could just be another MBM, but it was quite reassuring. Put me down for a "retirement" sometime next week

I have been leading the pitchforks since Morehead St. That said, I am not sure how any fan cant cheer for the Bills in the conference tourney. If we shoot 80% from three we can beat anybody. Let's see if we can get some momentum... B)

I have been leading the pitchforks since Morehead St. That said, I am not sure how any fan cant cheer for the Bills in the conference tourney. If we shoot 80% from three we can beat anybody. Let's see if we can get some momentum... B)

Marcus Bartley is the 2016 version of Justin Love.

OH MY GOD WE'RE GOING TO MAKE IT TO THE NCAA TOURNAMENT.

5 turnovers and we win. It is not a $&@)'ing coincidence!!!

This was maybe the stat that surprised me the most.

We knew Bartley could shoot; he shot at a really effective clip for a freshman. Then he looked lost this season, like he'd regressed and failed to find his spots offensively (could be nagging injuries, if those rumors are true). So it's not completely surprising to see him go off.

Roby showed a lot of confidence in his perimeter shooting earlier this season, and his role in the offense and shot faded simultaneously. But he looked the way he did in a few early-season games.

We allowed 55 points in the second half and still won. We needed all 51 of our second-half points.

We had an uncharacteristically good night blocking shots, with 6 of them. Coming into the game, we had 57 blocks for the entire season, fewer than 1.9 per game. For comparison, Steve McElvene, a freshman big at Dayton, has 50 blocks on the season and only plays 18 minutes a game.

We allowed 17 offensive rebounds for GMU, which is terrible (we had 2). Thankfully they weren't shooting like we were.

As Box said earlier, the only consistent thing about this team is its inconsistency. This was a strange night for a strange team.

While our turnovers stat was impressive, George Mason came into the game 351 out of 351 in terms of forcing turnovers.

Whoa! I didn't realize that. Probably something that needs to be addressed by the coaches in the offseason. Good grief.