SLU v. Alabama A&M - Game Day Thread

SluSignGuy

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally get to listen to Rammer and Earl and watch tv at same time. and not a sync but as tv announcers a dream come true. We have benn so lucky to have had them 2 all these years and it pains me that one can no longer listen to radio and watch on tv for live sports anymore.

Using Milik primarily at the 4 was a big key tonight. He did well on the glass, and is much better at handling the ball than any of our other bigs. I think we need to continue to see the rotation that we did tonight at the 4/5 position, making sure that Austin and Milik are getting the majority of the minutes, and not being afraid to go small with Ash at the 4 or Reggie at the 5 on occasion.

I was there, this is what I have to say. We won by 18, nice, we needed a win.

Sloppy they may be but a win is a win. I thought we played much better this time than in the two prior games.

Some observations: attendance to the game started very low and steadily grew during the game, there were a lot more people in there at the end than at the beginning, lots of families with kids around where I was sitting, nice to see that. Finally, Bishop had some kind of surgical bandage on his nose during this game, he did not play or even suit for the game but was wearing his bandage, wonder what this was all about.

Alabama A&M was absolutely terrible defensively. We fumbled the ball around way too much but also did a much better job of getting good looks at the basket. Even if it was helped by A&M being terrible. You have to think this should be relatively easy 4 game winning streak before we head to K State other than a tough one against a SIUC team that hasn't beaten anyone good but has a good record.