2015-2016 Prediction Thread

moytoy12

2015-16 W/L Predictions  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the Billikens win this year?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest thing I wanted to see this year was the rotation cut down to 8 maybe 9 guys and for guys to not get yanked after every mistake. I don't think we're trending that way.

-I'm not as concerned with the number of players being used. My concern is how they are being used as last season's substitutions and rotations didn't make a lot of sense to me.

-I hope we are much better across the board

18 wins.

I think most posters here have figured out that last season's rotation approach of 12 men was an unfortunate anomaly. Our very young, inexperienced players most of whom were playing significant minutes in D-1 for the first time were hot and cold, there were some locker room issues, there was an unfortunate distribution of upperclassmen vs. underclassmen, and likely in some instances some kids did not do as they were told so they had to sit even when they appeared to hit a hot streak.

So questionable opinions regarding the rationale for the rotation last year (over and over and over again) should cease, it is a new season, let's see how it goes this year.

Don't worry, our strategy of constantly recruiting 2 guards should fix this problem in coming years.

I don't even think we recruit 2 guards. We have a whole team of undersized SFs.

Non-Con: 7-5

Conference: 6-12

A-10 Tourney: 1-1

14-18

Playing with energy and fire was something I thought this team lacked on a consistent basis last year. They showed flashes in some games (VCU, GW), and crapped the bed in others (Davidson, GM). I hope this team remembers the azz-whoopings and comes out with chips on their shoulders.

A little off topic but I totally believe McBroom was a problem but without him we probably lose 2 or 3 more games last year and don't have encouraging performances like our game against VCU. Maybe we win 2 or 3 more had it not been for him late in the season but I'm not sure his loss is as much of a gain as I originally thought.

Anyway I have low expectations but I'm still looking forward to the season. We should get a lot of answers this year.

OK people, let's analyze the team as it is now a bit deeper. We have a very talented freshman, EW, that is out in redshirt status with foot fracture that required surgery. We have RA, who is injury prone, just getting ready to start full practice, he may do well (we hope) if he does not manage to injure something else during or after practice. We have MB who has a non defined injury to his foot which plagued him last year and who is not going to go into full practice status because of unknown reasons, likely because the coaching staff is not sure if the non defined foot injury will recur with the stress of practice (and do now wish to risk it). Now, in my mind that means there are 3 people in the team who are either not going to play this year (EW) or could play and have recurrent or additional issues with physical injuries. This being the case may mean that neither MB nor RA will be pushed in terms of playing and endurance at least for parts of this year. That leaves us with 10 fully physically functional players.

Among these we have AH an ex walk in PG who got a scholarship this year and who played JUCO. I have no idea how well he will play but he is enthusiastic and tries hard which is good (not like TL did last year). We also have JB who is a freshman PG that still needs to learn to play D1. MN is also a freshman C who is probably more capable than most freshmen are starting since he played FIFA. I fully acknowledge that any one, or all, of these may rise to the occasion and prove surprisingly good and effective players, but this is yet to be seen. Therefore at this point in time, it appears to me that the team will have to depend on DR, MC, MY, and AY supported by MR, AG, and BJ, as effective players.

I do not know about how you perceive this lineup, but I do not see it as a championship level team. This analysis has, so far, nothing to do with Crews, it has dealt only with the platers we have available and are fully physically capable to do the work ahead of them. I just do not see this team having a great potential of becoming a top level team this year. Again, this has nothing to do with Crews or the coaching staff, I am just looking at the physical capability of the players at this point in time.

I want to make something clear for those of you that pine for Crews elimination. You can bet your last dollar that Crews and the staff are well aware of the physical issues involved, and of the limited championship potential of the remaining players. You can bet your last dollar that these are issues that have been explained in great detail to the AD and the administration. Therefore, everyone concerned in the athletic department and administration may well be getting ready for a lackluster year. What this means is that the blame will not come to rest on the coaching staff. What this also means is that a lackluster year will not, in all likelihood, have much impact upon Crews' contract, at least in my opinion.

That said, I hope we have a better year than last year, and think, at this point in time, that this will be the optimal result we are likely to get this season. I believe Crews will be here next year regardless of another mediocre year, as long as we manage to improve over last year.

There is a difference between what I hope we will do next year and what I fear is reasonable to expect for next year. My vote reflects what I hope we do next year, my prior post reflests what I fear will happen. I know, I know only one vote allowed, etc... However, every coin has two sides. When I was a kid I was afraid the future would hold nothing more for me than pushing a broom somewhere. That was not the case, but it took one hell of a lot of work and sacrifice to do so. I hope our team is capable of rising to the occasion. If you all wish to call me a fool, please do so.

A little off topic but I totally believe McBroom was a problem but without him we probably lose 2 or 3 more games last year and don't have encouraging performances like our game against VCU. Maybe we win 2 or 3 more had it not been for him late in the season but I'm not sure his loss is as much of a gain as I originally thought.

Anyway I have low expectations but I'm still looking forward to the season. We should get a lot of answers this year.

Can't deny that McNugget won a few games for us early on, but then again, my confidence level in guys like Bartley, Crawford and Roby was much higher by the end of the season than it was when ****** was hitting game-winners.

I just think that any time you can jettison a few major league turds like McNugget and Lancona, there's going to be a net benefit.

Can't deny that McNugget won a few games for us early on, but then again, my confidence level in guys like Bartley, Crawford and Roby was much higher by the end of the season than it was when ****** was hitting game-winners.

I just think that any time you can jettison a few major league turds like McNugget and Lancona, there's going to be a net benefit.

To me, the biggest problem and/or negative our team sustained because of McBroom had more to do with the lost opportunity which cannot easily be determined. In short, it appeared to me that Crews went into last season intending that McBroom would be our primary point guard. Now, IMO, Crews should have known better having coached McBroom for 2 prior years -- the first being his "redshirt" year while awaiting eligibility after transferring to SLU and the second being our back-up to McCall and Jett. Had Crews been able to tell that McBroom is simply not point guard material, he could have (and I believe should have) made sure that we had a true point guard to start last year like he has now done to start this year -- we now have Bishop and Hines.

Basically, we wasted all of last Fall and the early season games going with McBroom as our PG and in the lineup when we could have used that time to make things easier on Bartley and the others and now have the same PG uncertainties this year while hoping that either Bartley will be our PG and/or that our new Frosh (Bishop) and/or our new player/walk-on/scholarship holder (Hines) will play PG. It's hard to be a good program and to mix in new players and the quantity of new players when you don't have a stable PG.

With such an unfair advantage, I would think we might actually be pretty good this year

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/crews-likes-to-lure-prep-school-recruits-to-billikens/article_8bdff365-0449-5601-8d16-6fa9ffcb22f3.html

Crews has continued that recruiting approach at St. Louis University, which has four prep school players for the coming season.

“It’s probably not a coincidence,” he said. “I like prep school guys. It’s such an advantage it’s not even funny.”

Three things.......

How many prep players have worked out for us over the years? Jett and Liddell. Liddell was sort of a special circumstances prep kid.

How well did the prep kids really work out for Crews at Army?

Isn't the main reason why prep kids are becoming more popular is as an alternative to JUCO for talented kids with academic issues, like Liddell? How many of our prep kids fit that mold?

With such an unfair advantage, I would think we might actually be pretty good this year

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/crews-likes-to-lure-prep-school-recruits-to-billikens/article_8bdff365-0449-5601-8d16-6fa9ffcb22f3.html

Crews has continued that recruiting approach at St. Louis University, which has four prep school players for the coming season.

“It’s probably not a coincidence,” he said. “I like prep school guys. It’s such an advantage it’s not even funny.”

-everyone that has submitted their prediction/prognostication so far can take another swing while fully considering this advantage

Three things.......

How many prep players have worked out for us over the years? Jett and Liddell. Liddell was sort of a special circumstances prep kid.

How well did the prep kids really work out for Crews at Army?

Isn't the main reason why prep kids are becoming more popular is as an alternative to JUCO for talented kids with academic issues, like Liddell? How many of our prep kids fit that mold?

Danny Brown was a pretty good prep school kid. By the end of his career, at least.