Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2 years Illinois will still be in the Big ten and SLU will still be in the A10.

Obviously impossible to know the future but I still do think that the Big East will expand in the next few years. I go back to the Xavier AD saying it a couple years ago that he thinks they will expand in the next 5 years and then there was the post dispatch article this February with Chris May which gave the impression he thinks it will happen (the question regarding realignment below). Could be wrong and don't know when but I think it will happen.

Q: People are always wondering about the possibility of further conference realignment. Is there anything happening in that area?

A: There will most likely be another wave of conversation about that, but first and foremost we are proud members of the Atlantic 10. When you look at leagues, you look at institutions that are like-minded with similar values, goals and objectives as you have. I feel good about the Atlantic 10. We have a top-20 media market, competitive programs and good corporate support in St. Louis. We bring significant value to our league and feel good about that. Any program will look at how do we best promote our institution. The thought is how can athletics best represent a great institution? So, as you look at leagues, who are the like-minded institutions that have similar goals and objectives? No one knows where conference realignment is going, but I feel strong about our position today and opportunities in the future.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a different ad in two years as well. I don't expect that, but May was hired by Biondi. If basketball fails, would the new president want to make changes at both AD and coach? ,

My impression of Dr. Pestello is that he is not going to be making wholesale changes to the administration or the departments of the University any time soon. I think he will do many changes eventually, but then the changes to be made will be well thought out and will go smoothly. This means that I see no change in the AD or the Basketball coaching staff for next year unless something really out of the ordinary happens, in which case change may become necessary.

Do you realize that your profile picture is still FBJT (Future Bluedevil Jayson Tatum)?

Ya Ive been meaning to change that.

Also Word from Gordon's mom, looks like no WG for him anymore

Via FB - "WAT HE DONT WANNA GO BACK TO WEBSTER CAUSE OF ALL THE TROUBLE HE GOT INTO THERE! HE WAS GONNA GO BACK NEXT YEAR AND PLAY WITH HIS BROTHER Chris Gordon! BUT HE WILL ONLY PLAY WITH HIM FOR ONE YEAR SO HE CHANGED HIS MIND!"

He may be a reach for us, as some of you say, but he's been on campus and we're still involved in his "wide open" recruitment:

Tim Finke: SG, 6-5, 180, Champaign, IL (Centennial)Offers: Illinois, DePaul, Creighton, UIC. Interest: SLU, Kansas, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Notre Dame, Stanford, Northwestern, NC State. Latest News: Coaches from SLU, Northwestern, and Wisconsin were watching Finke in mid-July. Finke visited SLU back in February. He calls his recruitment “wide open” at this point. Scouting Report: Finke is an excellent shooter and smart player who grew up with the game. He’s a shooting guard now, but his brother had a late growth spurt and is 6-10, so he could follow the same pattern and be more of a forward or tall wing. Finke’s brother Michael is a redshirt freshman at Illinois. His dad played basketball and football there in the late ‘80s. Twitter: @Tim_Finke33

He fields questions about Illinois almost daily and his position seems to be: "Yes, I know I'm a legacy and they're in the running but it still has to be the right fit." He visited SLU when we were still recruiting 2015 player Christian Williams; both play(ed) in the Illinois Irish AAU program. Williams will be playing at Iowa this season.

He may be a reach for us, as some of you say, but he's been on campus and we're still involved in his "wide open" recruitment:

Tim Finke: SG, 6-5, 180, Champaign, IL (Centennial) Offers: Illinois, DePaul, Creighton, UIC. Interest: SLU, Kansas, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Notre Dame, Stanford, Northwestern, NC State. Latest News: Coaches from SLU, Northwestern, and Wisconsin were watching Finke in mid-July. Finke visited SLU back in February. He calls his recruitment wide open at this point. Scouting Report: Finke is an excellent shooter and smart player who grew up with the game. Hes a shooting guard now, but his brother had a late growth spurt and is 6-10, so he could follow the same pattern and be more of a forward or tall wing. Finkes brother Michael is a redshirt freshman at Illinois. His dad played basketball and football there in the late 80s. Twitter: @Tim_Finke33

He fields questions about Illinois almost daily and his position seems to be: "Yes, I know I'm a legacy and they're in the running but it still has to be the right fit." He visited SLU when we were still recruiting 2015 player Christian Williams; both play(ed) in the Illinois Irish AAU program. Williams will be playing at Iowa this season.

0% chance

Was searching Twitter to see if I could find out who Crews is watching today and decided to look at his twitter account. He is now following 57 people and Jayson Tatum is not one of them. Most are current/former SLU players or basketball accounts.

Only two recruits it looks like he is following are Torrence Watson and Gordon. Nothing great there but hasn't been much new here anyways.

Was searching Twitter to see if I could find out who Crews is watching today and decided to look at his twitter account. He is now following 57 people and Jayson Tatum is not one of them. Most are current/former SLU players or basketball accounts.

Only two recruits it looks like he is following are Torrence Watson and Gordon. Nothing great there but hasn't been much new here anyways.

-while not liking at all to see all the Duke crap, I probably would have kept Tatum on the list on the chance that before signing day Coach K is no longer the coach

-while not liking at all to see all the Duke crap, I probably would have kept Tatum on the list on the chance that before signing day Coach K is no longer the coach

It's not like crews not following Tatum anymore automatically excludes us if something crazy happened and he decided not to go to Duke. At this points it's just weird to follow him.

A guy I work with just asked me if I knew who Torrence Watson was and I said yes, he said he was his 2nd cousin. He also said his Grandmother went to SLU as does his Aunt right now. Said he has family that want him to go to SLU ... for what it's worth.