Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

I think Ramey is going a lot higher than SLU. There are no Tatum-like ties to keep him here.

I'm looking forward to the day when top local players won't look down on SLU. I see no reason why SLU can't be a place where local recruits WANT to play, unless they just don't like the city, or something.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to the day when top local players won't look down on SLU. I see no reason why SLU can't be a place where local recruits WANT to play, unless they just don't like the city, or something.

This is why I think getting Tatum is so important. He would open doors.

Jumping to the Big East would as well...if that ever happens.

-if for no other reason, and there are other reasons, the local pundits would have to quit blabbing that they have no interest in watching A10 teams which strikes me as particularly offensive when the conf rating has been very good

-I get that no one wants to watch coach hurley

There's a pecking order in college basketball. Butler made it to two Final Fours. Xavier goes to the Dance every year and has upgraded their conference affiliation. Yet Hamburger All Americans from Indianapolis and Cincinnati still don't choose to go to those schools. That's just the way it is.

There's a pecking order in college basketball. Butler made it to two Final Fours. Xavier goes to the Dance every year and has upgraded their conference affiliation. Yet Hamburger All Americans from Indianapolis and Cincinnati still don't choose to go to those schools. That's just the way it is.

Xavier doesn't get hamburger all-americans, but they do have a knack for consistently getting players ranked nationally in the 50-150 range. They also have been able to consistently attract some high profile transfers over the years. That's where we need to get with our recruiting to build a program that can sustain success.

VERY GOOD point.

Xavier doesn't get hamburger all-americans, but they do have a knack for consistently getting players ranked nationally in the 50-150 range. They also have been able to consistently attract some high profile transfers over the years. That's where we need to get with our recruiting to build a program that can sustain success.

It typically works in reverse order. You sustain success and then you're able to start landing those players on a consistent basis.

Xavier doesn't get hamburger all-americans, but they do have a knack for consistently getting players ranked nationally in the 50-150 range.

Along those lines, Torrence Watson, if he doesn't have a growth spurt, is our best bet from that trio. Ramey and Gordon project higher than that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another new name (I think): do not know where else to put this, but Coach Crews and staff are keeping an eye on sophomore to be Kale Catchings, 6'5 W/CBC/St Louis, MO, class of 2018; who will participate in the 2015 CREI in Indianapolis. Kale is nephew of WNBA star Tamika Catchings and grandson of former 76ers and Lakers big man Harvey Catchings, so there is some pedigree. Kale is a rapidly emerging shooter/scorer with long arms and much room to grow -- not sure how big this kid is going to get, but it might be pretty big! I believe has has been in the building on more than one occasion to play pick-up on campus, but I have not yet seen him personally. I know someone close to the situation with him and for now he has genuine interest in SLU; plus he is an outstanding student and great kid. I hope we keep watching him before he blows up in a year or whenever -- CBC will play Chaminade twice this year and I'll be at one of those for sure ...

Wouldn't nothing be official until the school year starts?

I was thinking it wouldn't be so clear cut. Maybe issues with sitting out a year and things like that would keep it from essentially being "finalized". I don't know the mshsaa rules.

Also Wasn't sure if there were rumors, that's more of what I meant.

• 3 weeks later...