W/L record predictions

bauman

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may enter this debate, I think one must also recognize that different coaching staffs have different philosophies regarding when, how much, and under what prerequisites players — especially freshmen who haven't learned the system — will play. Coach Crews can't fairly be compared to Coach Romar. Therefore, I don't think the fact that Lancona (who was set back by a concussion) and Crawford didn't crack the 2013-14 rotation means that their futures are bleak just because that had been the trend prior to the current coaching staff.

I strongly disagree with this. This team will be dramatically different in February than they will be in November.

Re-read the context again. The topic is the 3 Sophs and whether or not they will be ready to play now that the 5 Seniors have graduated.

Of course our team will be mostly young and nearly all inexperienced and of course we all hope/expect such a team will be different in February than in November.

Re-read the context again. The topic is the 3 Sophs and whether or not they will be ready to play now that the 5 Seniors have graduated.

Of course our team will be mostly young and nearly all inexperienced and of course we all hope/expect such a team will be different in February than in November.

Clock, did you check out the career stats for Jeff Harris yet? Still think that anyone who didn't "produce" as a freshman won't "produce" later?

Clock, did you check out the career stats for Jeff Harris yet? Still think that anyone who didn't "produce" as a freshman won't "produce" later?

Harris' career mark would be an apt comparison to Lancona or Agbeko. Still Harris recieved more development time than they will. Harris sophomore year he played more and was a very solid contributor but he wasn't an every game starter and his team had bug time returning players like Claggs and Highmark. Our sophs and freshman will be under more pressure to perform than what Harris had to do his sophomore year.

regarding our eventual win/loss record... i guess we'll just have to see how things shake out. there's no machine we can just plug into and get instant results. not even the wiz. however, i'm guessing at least 50/50.

STEVE, PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD NOW. TURN THIS THING OFF, I'M DRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY

I've heard that both Reynolds and Bartley are better ballhandlers than McBroom, but that both have a long way to go in other areas. Reynolds needs to adjust to a college offense as he just did a lot of feeding the ball to Okafor in high school and Bartley needs to add a lot of strength. Still think Reynolds is a gamer and will find a way to contribute and Bartley is a natural PG who will be a stud once he gets stronger.

Still think we won't be very good if McBroom is playing heavy minutes as the primary ball handler in February. Hopefully he can get his shot back and provide us with some instant offense and shooting.

Man, how can you be that pompous and still say, "Buster"? :)

"Buster" as in the guy in "Arrested Development". :D

That hsmith19 guy called me "Smokey", has taken numerous shots at Chesterfield for no reason whatsoever on this board.