Top 25?

moytoy12

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but the question is how far. They built up a lot of goodwill with their start.

That's a good point. 0-2 with 2 home losses to Cal and Stanford I think. Sometimes it seems like the voters ignore or aren't aware of results from west coast teams so they may not fall too far.

Hopefully they stay up for the Arizona-USC game. I don't think it will be this one, but I have a feeling Arizona is going to lose soon. And the other two ranked teams in the Pac 12 lost today.

By the way, Illinois had a terrible first half at Northwestern- down 22-15. If they lose, we'll leap one more team.

The problem with SLU's upcoming schedule is that we have to go 5-0 in the next 5 to stay in consideration, but losing any one of them will knock us down a lot.

Hopefully they stay up for the Arizona-USC game. I don't think it will be this one, but I have a feeling Arizona is going to lose soon. And the other two ranked teams in the Pac 12 lost today.

By the way, Illinois had a terrible first half at Northwestern- down 22-15. If they lose, we'll leap one more team.

The problem with SLU's upcoming schedule is that we have to go 5-0 in the next 5 to stay in consideration, but losing any one of them will knock us down a lot.

The Ill-NW game is on right now, but I thought is was a replay from earlier, because the game just started, yet you are saying they had a terrible first half - what am I missing? There's usually something.

I don't see it as a problem because we aren't going to lose any of those games and even if we are 26th or 27th this week we will move into the top 25 once another team or two lose.

The Ill-NW game is on right now, but I thought is was a replay from earlier, because the game just started, yet you are saying they had a terrible first half - what am I missing? There's usually something.

The score was so low, I thought it was the first half. My bad.

The score was so low, I thought it was the first half. My bad.

We are going to leap Illinois no matter what given their destruction at Wisconsin. I've watched the last 5 minutes of this Ill/NW game and if you ever want to see how not to close a game out coaches should pop this tape in and just watch everything Northwestern has done in the last 1.5 minutes. It's almost like they are trying to lose.

Prediction: I think we will jump up to #20 in the USA Today Coaches Poll and #25 in the AP Poll.

I do not think so, not yet, though we will get more votes than last week.

Dayton is our best win so far, Dayton is at 50 RPI as of Saturday. We need to beat some top teams and in the meantime accumulate wins against the looming string or weak teams.

Our SOS is not even top 100. We need to win a lot more to crack the top 25 in the USA and Coaches polls.

We can do it but we have a weak schedule no top 50 until mid Feb vs VCU. We need some quality wins, though if we run the table before VCU we might get in based on such a strong W-L record, and we are finally getting some national recognition, some buzz based upon our last few years of success.

Dayton is our best win so far, Dayton is at 50 RPI as of Saturday. We need to beat some top teams and in the meantime accumulate wins against the looming string or weak teams.

Our SOS is not even top 100. We need to win a lot more to crack the top 25 in the USA and Coaches polls.

We can do it but we have a weak schedule no top 50 until mid Feb vs VCU. We need some quality wins, though if we run the table before VCU we might get in based on such a strong W-L record, and we are finally getting some national recognition, some buzz based upon our last few years of success.

We'll be ranked before then. I'm guessing we'll make it in at least one of the polls tomorrow

Massey has us at 22 on the composite of about 2 dozen rankings and has our SOS at 85.