Top 25?

moytoy12

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think so given our play and the losses by some ranked teams.

Seems like Norlander thinks so too:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24405812/saint-louis-off-to-152-start-has-look-of-top25-club

He picked the Bills 6th in the preseason. Nice to see a national guy coming around.

You would think that SLU will be ranked come Monday, but you never know with the pollsters. They've never really shown SLU much love until it would be embarrassing not to put them in the Top 25. How many other teams receiving votes does SLU have to pass to claim one of the spots likely vacated?

You would think that SLU will be ranked come Monday, but you never know with the pollsters. They've never really shown SLU much love until it would be embarrassing not to put them in the Top 25. How many other teams receiving votes does SLU have to pass to claim one of the spots likely vacated?

7-8 i think.

Lets just take the spot from umass

Lots of spots opening this week: missou, illinois, gonzaga, to name a few.

I think we will be. I was actually surprised we got 19 votes this past week. Once I saw that, I figured these 2 wins and a few top 25 losses would get us in. Like kshoe mentioned, it looks like we got a few top 25 losses to help put us in the top 25.

I think we will be. I was actually surprised we got 19 votes this past week. Once I saw that, I figured these 2 wins and a few top 25 losses would get us in. Like kshoe mentioned, it looks like we got a few top 25 losses to help put us in the top 25.

Mizzou decided to help out the Billikens.

Here's the coaches top 30 and what they've done so far this week:

21 Mizzou: Lost to Georgia. Playing at Auburn Sat

22 Memphis: Won at Louisville. Playing at Temple Sat.

23 Creighton: Won at Depaul. Host Xavier on Sun.

24 Iowa: Won vs. Northwestern. Playing at Ohio St. on Sunday

25 UCLA: Lost vs. Arizona. Play ASU on Sunday

26 Pitt: Beat Maryland and Wake Forest at home

27 North Carolina: Lost to Miami and Syracuse

28 UConn: Beat Harvard. Host Central Florida today

29 SLU: Won at RI and Dayton

30 Oklahoma: Lost to Kansas at home. Beat Iowa St. at home.

31 Southern Miss: Won at North Texas. Play at Tulsa on Sunday

32 Illinois: Lost at Wisconsin. At Northwestern on Sunday.

If logic prevails, we should jump Mizzou, UCLA, UNC, Iowa (if they lose to OSU) and UConn (our wins are more impressive). that should put us at 24 or 25. We'll see.

In the AP, I expect Mizzou, Illinois, Gonzaga, K-State (if they lose to KU), and Iowa (if they lose to OSU) to drop out. Cinci, Creighton and maybe Pitt will work their way in there. Again, we should have a good shot at 24 or 25.

I'm not a hater like most of you but I do have a slight concern that only 4 of our wins are over teams above .500. The rest have losing records. That is partially the nature of the non-conference schedule. Hopefully those blood donor teams will go on to do well within their conferences.