Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, ACE said:

So glad SPUMAC Hoops Insider and his sidekick/alter ego "Coach 314" are running wild with their trolling. 

I appreciate your continued interest.  I find your posts humorous.  I am a big fan of your comedy.  Please post more often.

10 hours ago, CBFan said:

Good hearing from you coach, my feelings is to stay away from the young people when they have made a commitment.  These players have some much on their minds and they are only 16, 17 or 18 years old.  School and life are hard enough and when the players speak some say they like to commit to get all of the calls behind them so they can concentrate.

When it comes to a coach leaving I think it is okay to ask the kids how they feel about it and would they be interested?

I trust your insight coach what is your opinion on the continued recruiting on guys that have committed?

I agree with you.  It gets quite hectic for kids who are being highly recruited.   I don't see a problem with the college coach maintaining communications with the high school coach tho.  Something may change for the student or perhaps something happens at one of the schools that didn't get picked that make it a better situation for the kid.  

16 hours ago, Coach314 said:

I appreciate your continued interest.  I find your posts humorous.  I am a big fan of your comedy.  Please post more often.

Thanks. You have made me laugh very often as well. Your post asserting that Goodwin might de-commit was hilarious! Among the most absurd I have ever seen on the board. :lol:

He will spend the next five months making sure he is ready to hit the court on opening night as prepared as possible. Not only does he figure prominently into the plans for next season, but he could be playing point guard on a part- or full-time basis.

“Jordan could definitely play the point,” Ford said recently. “He has the mentality and is a very unselfish, vocal guy. He reminds me a lot of Marcus Smart. I made him a point guard because I liked his mentality and approach to the game, and Jordan has a lot of the same qualities, but he’s played more point guard than Marcus at this point.”

I guess that solves where he will play

20 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

He will spend the next five months making sure he is ready to hit the court on opening night as prepared as possible. Not only does he figure prominently into the plans for next season, but he could be playing point guard on a part- or full-time basis.

“Jordan could definitely play the point,” Ford said recently. “He has the mentality and is a very unselfish, vocal guy. He reminds me a lot of Marcus Smart. I made him a point guard because I liked his mentality and approach to the game, and Jordan has a lot of the same qualities, but he’s played more point guard than Marcus at this point.”

I guess that solves where he will play

How does that "solve" where he will play? It says he could play it full or part time, it doesn't even say he will. He may very well end up playing most if not all of his minutes there but I highly doubt it's been decided.  The article should also end the speculation that he was promised the point during recruitment as he says specifics of playing the point haven't been discussed but he'd be open to it. That doesn't sound like someone who was promised he'd get to play the point. Just goes to show how bull$ gets posted and then ran with as it's fact

32 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

How does that "solve" where he will play? It says he could play it full or part time, it doesn't even say he will. He may very well end up playing most if not all of his minutes there but I highly doubt it's been decided.  The article should also end the speculation that he was promised the point during recruitment as he says specifics of playing the point haven't been discussed but he'd be open to it. That doesn't sound like someone who was promised he'd get to play the point. Just goes to show how bull$ gets posted and then ran with as it's fact

I mean he's going to play point.. and it would be wild if that was never discussed during his recruitment. Have some coffee

2 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

I mean he's going to play point.. and it would be wild if that was never discussed during his recruitment. Have some coffee

A month or two ago Coach was quoted by Stu that he would use a PG by committee with Roby, Bishop and Goodwin all running the offense. So time at PG and time at wing for all three. 

Coach Ford is a great salesman. He clearly pitched to Goodwin the idea of being the A-10 version of Marcus Smart. He didn't have to explicitly promise Goodwin the point guard position. He is clearly going to play point guard. The question is how much? Considering we also have two talented small guards who are better ballhandlers than Goodwin, I don't think the plan was ever to play Goodwin at the point 30 minutes a game.

1 minute ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I find it hilarious given the state of the program at the time, that a kid you didn't think we should offer unless he grew, turned out to be a top 100 player a year later and the star of our recruiting class.

That was a joke making fun of Crews because he only offered tall kids.  

10 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I find it hilarious given the state of the program at the time, that a kid you didn't think we should offer unless he grew, turned out to be a top 100 player a year later and the star of our recruiting class.

You obviously didn't get the joke

18 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

everyone in the billiken fandom except crewsplatt wanted Jordan Goodwin to be a billiken.   

20 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Ahh you caught me! You scoured through 203 pages of posts dating back over 2 years and you found it. Treasure! We could live like kings!  

Whoops.

lN0jW.gif

I am sure you could spend another couple hours of your shift looking through my posts and find something that is actually dumb. Say hi to Obi for me.