Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of strange to reclassify this late but also commit somewhere. His offers must have really dried up. He was supposedly visiting Milwaukee and Drake this past week. I don't get it. 

15 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Kind of strange to reclassify this late but also commit somewhere. His offers must have really dried up. He was supposedly visiting Milwaukee and Drake this past week. I don't get it. 

I'm sure it's devious and underhanded since Mizzou is involved, correct? 

14 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

With Pickett's competition for playing time being the likes of Jordan Geist, Cullen Van Leer and a top 150 player with one year of experience, this looks to be a shrewd move.

This. We didn't have any room at the flagship for him.

15 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Well they had to save a schollie this summer for Jontay Porter, so he had to reclassify. Pickett and Tilmon together again it seems.

Mizzou would be a good landing spot for Pickett. However, there is a good chance him and Tilmon never play together there.

4 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

No. Just proof that he must have academic issues. 

"He said Missouri's top-10 recruiting class for 2017 showed him that Martin is determined to make the Tigers a national power again, which was one of the main reasons why he committed.

"Just to see what they're doing with the program now, what the new coaching staff is doing, they're trying to win," he told PowerMizzou.com. "Just to see what the new coaching staff is bringing in really encourages me.""

6 minutes ago, The Valley Sucks said:

Pickett is just a guy, he would have provided depth for us but I'd rather have someone from next years class. 

Roy thinks he's a good D1 prospect:

"And i agree with 3 star.   if this rumor is true, i am proud of ford for being honest with him.    how many greedy coaches would just promise away unconcerned.    i have seen pickett a lot.   and i think pickett is a fantastic D1 prospect.  the billiken fandom would love him."

Roy knows his basketball. 

I really like Pickett.  I think in acouple years he will be a really good coollege player.

This is just strange.  It would have better served Pickett to redshirt with the Illini or sime other program than reclassify.  I would get him acclimated to college, in a college weight program, learning the system he will play in and had him practicing with future teammates.

6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

It was my first thought too.  Pickett would have been much better served by redshirting than playing a year of prep.

Mizzou has 2 freshmen guards and a grad transfer coming in to go with Phillips and VanLeer.  Pickett wants to play. I don't think being a redshirt was an option he wanted to consider for any school he attends.  He can go in 2018 and get minutes.  He also wanted to stay close to home.  I was more surprised at the "poor grades" comment. That came up in here when SLU was out of the running for Tilmon. Let's not be to quick to bad mouth the top recruits in the area.