Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Ahh you caught me! You scoured through 203 pages of posts dating back over 2 years and you found it. Treasure! We could live like kings!  

Whoops.

lN0jW.gif

I am sure you could spend another couple hours of your shift looking through my posts and find something that is actually dumb. Say hi to Obi for me. 

JMM

Don't mind V-Time or whatever he is calling himself nowadays.  Still a self-proclaimed, street promoter of local players and not a Billiken fan.

Further, I question his basketball knowledge as well.  Even though he has utmost confidence in himself, he cannot have it both ways.  Either he is a basketball coach who can evaluate local players and offer us his observations, opinion and analysis of players he has personally evaluated as a basketball coach or he can simply repeat what others say just like the rest of Message Board Morons.   Just take a look back at his posts in the other thread about predicting player positions.  As is typical, V-Time has NOT watched the kids play but instead makes statements (repeated and forceful statements) based upon what other experts (Tom Izzo) allegedly.  Then, V-Time puts his coaching hat back on and provides us with "insight" telling us to watch how Bess squares his feet up (on made baskets in a highlight reel which mostly consists of dunks)..  Somehow, the "expert" (V-Time) can use this highlight reel not only to predict what position Bess will play (even though he has never played a minute of a game for SLU) but also as to what others SLU players (Roby) cannot play even though he has played the same in games for SLU these past 3 years.  Do I hope and expect from what I have read that Bess is better than Roby?  Yes.  Do I know for sure?  No, not until I watch them play.

And note:  every highlight reel I have ever watched never truly show how players set picks, use picks, read defenses, follow coach instructions, block out ... and generally do the little things which are necessary to be a starter/good basketball player other than demonstrate their offensive abilities. 

3 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

JMM

Don't mind V-Time or whatever he is calling himself nowadays.  Still a self-proclaimed, street promoter of local players and not a Billiken fan.

Further, I question his basketball knowledge as well.  Even though he has utmost confidence in himself, he cannot have it both ways.  Either he is a basketball coach who can evaluate local players and offer us his observations, opinion and analysis of players he has personally evaluated as a basketball coach or he can simply repeat what others say just like the rest of Message Board Morons.   Just take a look back at his posts in the other thread about predicting player positions.  As is typical, V-Time has NOT watched the kids play but instead makes statements (repeated and forceful statements) based upon what other experts (Tom Izzo) allegedly.  Then, V-Time puts his coaching hat back on and provides us with "insight" telling us to watch how Bess squares his feet up (on made baskets in a highlight reel which mostly consists of dunks)..  Somehow, the "expert" (V-Time) can use this highlight reel not only to predict what position Bess will play (even though he has never played a minute of a game for SLU) but also as to what others SLU players (Roby) cannot play even though he has played the same in games for SLU these past 3 years.  Do I hope and expect from what I have read that Bess is better than Roby?  Yes.  Do I know for sure?  No, not until I watch them play.

And note:  every highlight reel I have ever watched never truly show how players set picks, use picks, read defenses, follow coach instructions, block out ... and generally do the little things which are necessary to be a starter/good basketball player other than demonstrate their offensive abilities. 

Roby Can play 1-3, I've always said oh was his natural position.

59 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

So much love and respect in here...awesome

its the way we treat most all mi$$ouri fans.   

16 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Roby Can play 1-3, I've always said oh was his natural position.

Is "oh" a new position?  Somewhere between -1 and +1?  You earlier claimed that Roby wouldn't see the floor due to Bess.  Now he is playing the oh.  I am confused.  So if Roby plays the oh, then I assume Bess plays the oh also.

BTW, still waiting for the link where Izzo said Bess can be his point guard.  Or did you make that up?

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Is "oh" a new position?  Somewhere between -1 and +1?  You earlier claimed that Roby wouldn't see the floor due to Bess.  Now he is playing the oh.  I am confused.  So if Roby plays the oh, then I assume Bess plays the oh also.

BTW, still waiting for the link where Izzo said Bess can be his point guard.  Or did you make that up?

If there was anything about Bess being PG from Izzo it would be 4 years ago and shouldn't matter now. Also I do agree that Bess will get more PT than roby 

V Time.

Sounds like agreement on this Board that you are NOT a Billiken fan.  At the same time, I am not sure I go as far as the others because I am so sure you are a Mizzou fan either. Frankly, I don't know in that I don't go on Tiger board (and I have no interest in trying to find out).  Instead, based solely on reading your posts on this board, you appear to be a huge fan of local high school basketball and have connections with them.  If that is the case, then you don't need to try to convince all of us on this board that you are really a Billiken fan if you are not.  Instead, simply come on this board and post comments about SLU players, recruits and possible recruits, but when you do so, tell us why you say what you say. We would want to hear your comments and reasons -- not Tom Izzo's.   If you have personally watched players A, B and C and believe A is the best or that A should really play PG and B and C not play PG, then tell us that and tell us why.  For example, if you have watched Watson play and believe he will complement and play well without our current roster, then post that.  But don't confuse this board with what you appear to be looking :  St. Louis basketball prep scene   and then go tell us how good other programs will be because certain local players are going there.

2 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Izzo and i

Screenshot_20170608-132151.png

So this proves that Izzo confided in you about Bess' point guard skills?  Uh, don't think so.  I had my picture taken with VP Pence when he was governor of Indiana. That doesn't make me Secretary of State. 

Just as I thought, you made it all up.  You are a Legend in Your Own Mind.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

So this proves that Izzo confided in you about Bess' point guard skills?  Uh, don't think so.  I had my picture taken with VP Pence when he was governor of Indiana. That doesn't make me Secretary of State. 

Just as I thought, you made it all up.  You are a Legend in Your Own Mind.

When did I say I talked to him about Bess? You made that up.  I talked to him quite a bit that day, they were practicing on our home gym. They had Draymond Green, Kalin Lucas, Korie Lucious etc at the time, no Bess.