New Commit: Marcus Bartley

Westy03

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This highlight video says the kid hits a lot of 3s, high release:

Best I can tell, the kid shoots 1.000 and when he's not shooting he makes assist after assist!

Seriously, the staff deserves major props for stealing a creighton target considering both his parents went there. Well done.

Best I can tell, the kid shoots 1.000 and when he's not shooting he makes assist after assist!

Seriously, the staff deserves major props for stealing a creighton target considering both his parents went there. Well done.

Let's hope Jayson Tatum doesn't follow suit and ignore his father's alma mater.

Man, everything big happens when I'm not paying attention. I have a good excuse today, though: my nephew was born. Wife's brother's kid. First in the generation.

Anyway, I love when we wrap up a commitment before the guy finishes his scheduled visits. Lancona was another fun one. These would not be happening if we were still playing in Scottrade and West Pine.

Bartley is a really nice get. I like everything I see and read about him. He's a very good student, too; we seem to be getting great guys in that regard.

Man, everything big happens when I'm not paying attention. I have a good excuse today, though: my nephew was born. Wife's brother's kid. First in the generation.

Anyway, I love when we wrap up a commitment before the guy finishes his scheduled visits. Lancona was another fun one. These would not be happening if we were still playing in Scottrade and West Pine.

Bartley is a really nice get. I like everything I see and read about him. He's a very good student, too; we seem to be getting great guys in that regard.

You've done great work. We'll let this one slide.

Quote of the day: This story from a couple months ago quotes Bartley's AAU coach:

His size — Bartley checks in at around 160 pounds despite being 6-foot-4 — is the only real knock against him, and he’s had to fight that “eye test” from college coaches.

“If Marcus had Christian’s weight (175 pounds), he would have offers from every school in America I think,” Sullivan said. “Marcus is going to be one of those players that will change a lot in college when he gets stronger.

Here's that article: http://herald-review.com/sports/high-school/peoria-irish-have-decatur-pipeline/article_c389fed0-e9e7-11e2-8821-0019bb2963f4.html

So Roy, does Bartley being from Decatur, IL make him "local"? Lol.

I'm very excited about Bartley. Crews is doing a heck of a job recruiting.

I love every one of the six well regarded recruits for this year and next year. I need to know more about Gillman before I can be as high on him but I trust this staff and their long term view that he could be a really good player. We now have three BIG guards to go with two BIG forwards and a very nice 3 man. this is really good stuff to get all these players in only a few months. Wonderful job by Crews and the staff!

We should get the folks at Chaifetz to play pitbull with the accompanying video during games.

Creighton fans claiming they backed off on Bartley now despite the fact he had a visit scheduled in 2 weeks.

Everyone is describing him as well rounded. Only concerns are his lack of heft and shooting ability. He has range certainly, he's just inconsistent from deep. Pure point, he'll be dishing out passes for easy buckets for all our new recruits.

I'll admit I was enamored with his size as a point. Bash me if you must, but it wil be a long time before I lose the vision of the likes of Mark Tyndale, Dionte Christmas, Khalif Wyatt and even Semaj Christon doing what they did to us over the years. With Roby and Bartley both coming in at 6'4" I like the size equation here as an immediate starter.

I am surprised he is in the fold. I figured for sure, given his mom and dad's connections, he was Creighton bound. Even if we did get him, I didn't expect to see anything until after the Creighton visit was done and completed. We get another one or two and national LOI day will actually be pertinent for us this November. If we could land Glass and Martin, that would be my "A" wish list.

Wow. Early commits in the fall signing period. This seems like rare air.