New Commit: Marcus Bartley

Westy03

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm well aware, Boytoy. And I think it's more than half.

It's all right, though. Feeling pretty good. New nephew, lots of beers to be had this weekend, someone brought in doughnuts to work. Things are going pretty well for me.

I think some were just so shocked that you of all people would make such a rookie mistake. You post whenever you want and ignore the rest of us.

No beers for 4 more hours. All hopped up on doughed nuts and Skyline.

I hope there is no one standing anywhere near you!

By the way, congrats on finally getting us a commitment-this Board was really in need of some real basketball talk. Don't wait so long next time. I'm going to write the Ath Dept and recommend they hire you for recruiting coordinator of MBB. You have filled in the void created by pdiddy's departure.

Pffff, I don't know anything. I'm just a guy with Google. pdiddy could actually GOSEETHEKIDSPLAY and as far as I know, he continues to do so. He knows way more about guys like McCaw, Cook, Okwarabizie, Gillmann, et al than I ever will before they put on a SLU uniform.

All I wanted to do was to organize the recruiting information that we as a board collectively come across, that's it. I was too tired of thinking "What ever happened to that one guy- where was he from? Who else is talking to this local recruit?" and so forth, without knowing how to search it.

My other motive was to keep some basketball-focused discussion going on the board during the dog days of summer, which ususally devolved into petty squabbling over nothing. Keep some momentum going when college basketball news is otherwise dead.

He appears very thin and I am sure he will fill in by next season. Based on what I can see I would guess a legit 6ft 4 inches and weighing about 165 lbs. Definitely needs to beef up to face the level of competition we face. Really excited about this get. I am sure he can squeeze the orange in but his game is more like Michael Carter Williams with a real 3 pointer stroke.

My other motive was to keep some basketball-focused discussion going on the board during the dog days of summer, which ususally devolved into petty squabbling over nothing. Keep some momentum going when college basketball news is otherwise dead.

-the conference and who the dream members are?

-does Rockhurst count?

-the schedule?

-who is going to transfer? who isn't?

-assistant coaches?

-SLU gear?

-APR?

-who is having a Conklin summer?

-not enough Friday photos?

-soccer?

-historic buildings and the Pevely smokestack?

-who is a 3? a4? a5? pg?

-Father Biondi?

-bracketology?

-all of the squabbles over these were petty?!?!? you're probably right!!! ;)

-does Rockhurst count?

-the schedule?

-assistant coaches?

-SLU gear?

-APR?

-soccer?

-who is a 3? a4? a5? pg?

-Father Biondi?

-bracketology?

Wait a minute... today is Friday, isn't it?

-does Rockhurst count?

-the schedule?

-assistant coaches?

-SLU gear?

-APR?

-soccer?

-who is a 3? a4? a5? pg?

-Father Biondi?

-bracketology?

KenPom has SLU at 122.

I'm well aware, Boytoy. And I think it's more than half.

It's all right, though. Feeling pretty good. New nephew, lots of beers to be had this weekend, someone brought in doughnuts to work. Things are going pretty well for me.

"remember the old saying beer and Crispy's mighty risky"

He appears very thin and I am sure he will fill in by next season. Based on what I can see I would guess a legit 6ft 4 inches and weighing about 165 lbs. Definitely needs to beef up to face the level of competition we face. Really excited about this get. I am sure he can squeeze the orange in but his game is more like Michael Carter Williams with a real 3 pointer stroke.

I also got the shorter Michael Carter-Williams vibe (though maybe because he looks exactly like him), with a side of the Brandon Paul rainbow 3-point shot. I'm in.

Yeah the Cartee-Williams comparison is way off. MCW is a high flyer with no jumpshot, this kid is below the rim and shooting appears to be his strength

It seems the comparison is based mostly on looks. Bartley is a lighter-skinned black PG who is tall and has a slender frame similar to MCW.

I've seen Jayson Tatum comparted to MCW in the same way. IMO the Tatum/MCW comparison is way off as well. Tatum has potential to be bigger and better than MCW with a better shot as well.

Yeah the Cartee-Williams comparison is way off. MCW is a high flyer with no jumpshot, this kid is below the rim and shooting appears to be his strength

"Way-off" is a bit harsh. They are both long and smooth, especially for PGs. Also, passing and court vision seem to be shared as their primary skills. The shooting ability seems to be a point of dissimilarity, but they do share a number of other qualities that stand out.