New Commit: Marcus Bartley

Westy03

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've said at least twice in the past month or so, Bartley was my #1 target.

This is great news. Watching highlight videos can give you a misleading opinion, but when watching his video you see a pure athlete, who can shoot from the 3, shoot inside the arc, dribble, penetrate and make outstanding passes. What else do we want a PG to be able to do? The only skill not shown on the video is the ability to shoot the 3 off the dribble (ala Clags).

Just remember, you can't put skills on a video that you don't possess. This young man is tied for first with Reggie for my favorite Crews recruit. I especially like the fact that he seems like he must be an excellent student given the recruiting interest from Stanford and Northwestern coupled with the fact that both his parents are college grads. In that regard, he reminds me a lot of DE and Evans' family.

Welcome Mr. Bartley.

Since Roby seems to have been billed more as a 2-guard prospect, I'm guessing the staff envisions Bartley as the PG. (Right?)

I'm hoping we get some good quotes from Crews today about the commitment and how he sees each of the two contributing.

I'll admit I was enamored with his size as a point. Bash me if you must, but it wil be a long time before I lose the vision of the likes of Mark Tyndale, Dionte Christmas, Khalif Wyatt and even Semaj Christon doing what they did to us over the years. With Roby and Bartley both coming in at 6'4" I like the size equation here as an immediate starter.

I am surprised he is in the fold. I figured for sure, given his mom and dad's connections, he was Creighton bound. Even if we did get him, I didn't expect to see anything until after the Creighton visit was done and completed. We get another one or two and national LOI day will actually be pertinent for us this November. If we could land Glass and Martin, that would be my "A" wish list.

Wow. Early commits in the fall signing period. This seems like rare air.

We are currently recruiting Glass very hard.

Since Roby seems to have been billed more as a 2-guard prospect, I'm guessing the staff envisions Bartley as the PG. (Right?)

I'm hoping we get some good quotes from Crews today about the commitment and how he sees each of the two contributing.

Crews can't comment until the kid officially signs.

You never can have too many guys that can take minutes at the point.

This is great news. I liked the video and the list of schools. When I first heard about him and he had an offer from Okie State, plus his parents went to Creighton, I figured it was an uphill battle. Great to win this recruiting battle. The next collection of guards is taking shape. Roby, Bartley and Yacoubou... for those who have been clamoring for big guards, you got it. And if you like the quick little guys in the mold of KM and MM, we will still have McBroom. I wonder if the bigger guards is a shift in philosophy or if it has just worked out that way? I was never really that hung up on the size of guards as I saw MM and KM run circles around plenty of bigger guards.

Yes, he commented after they signed the letter of intent. Bartley can not sign an LOI until November. Crews hasn't commented on Roby or Gillman, correct?

This is great news. I liked the video and the list of schools. When I first heard about him and he had an offer from Okie State, plus his parents went to Creighton, I figured it was an uphill battle. Great to win this recruiting battle. The next collection of guards is taking shape. Roby, Bartley and Yacoubou... for those who have been clamoring for big guards, you got it. And if you like the quick little guys in the mold of KM and MM, we will still have McBroom. I wonder if the bigger guards is a shift in philosophy or if it has just worked out that way? I was never really that hung up on the size of guards as I saw MM and KM run circles around plenty of bigger guards.

We are still recruiting Tarin Smith who is a 5'10 PG (See Pistol's novel). He is scheduled to visit later this month

Yes, he commented after they signed the letter of intent. Bartley can not sign an LOI until November. Crews hasn't commented on Roby or Gillman, correct?

Oh man, it's early. I was up late. Give me a break here. You're right. I always forget that rule- and the fact that those guys are in different classes.

http://www.inrecruit.com/article/472/marcus-bartley-commits-to-saint-louis

"Marcus Bartley, 6'2 175 lbs, is the second point guard to commit to Saint Louis for the class of 2014. With starting guards Mike McCall Jr. and Jordair Jett set to depart after the 2013-14 season, Coach Crews will be looking for young recruits to step in and play big minutes right away. Bartley is a three-star recruit on RIvals and two stars on ESPN. The Macarthur High School point guard is a natural distributor. He creates easy looks for his teammates with his crafty passing, and he is able to survey the whole court with ease. Bartley pushes the ball in transition while remaining under control, and he also finishes well at the basket. As for his shooting ability, he has excellent range from three and will bury open shots. Given his well-rounded offensive package, he is an underrated prospect in the class of 2014 and a great pickup for Saint Louis."

CIHoops.com @CIHoops 11h

Every player I have ever talked to that played with Marcus Bartley feels that his presence on the floor makes them better #TruePointGuard

Retweeted by Earl Austin Jr.

Crews cannot comment on any recruit until after they officially sign a loi in november